JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have had a Gen 3 20 for a couple of years and recently got a Gen 4 29 which is now my ccv. Love them both!

Buying good 10mm is spendy. But if you reload yourself it basically costs the same as .40.

Wait - the title was "talk you out".

Hmmm, 10mm is addictive, it's like the "reefer " of metric cartridges.

The case was probably reloaded too many times thats usually the cause of case separation.

Case head separation is pretty rare in straight walled cartridges, and usually isn't catastrophic.

That failure was caused by:

1: Inferior quality brass
2: Reloading sheared brass
3: Loading too hot for an unsupported chamber

4: All of the above.

I was going to get a 10mm still may get one, but I just converted my 45 acp to 45 Super. 250gr rnfp cast going around 1100fps in a Commander is not to shaby. It is a little snappy on rcoil but not bad.

I do seem to like some of the more exotic rounds like 10 MM and 327 Federal, and 357 Sig. I can find them made by most big ammo makers, but they don't seem to have 45 Super regular like. No Colt, EAA, S&W, Springfield, Para, or any major Gun maker offering new 45 Supers. I'll pass on Wildcatting

What are you smoking the 45 Super is not anything like a true wildcat. Now the 400 Corbon I have is. Buffalo bore, Underwood, ect make 45 Super and Starline brass is not expensive. All the guns you mentioned are capable for firing the 45 Super. HK 45 doesn't even need any mods. Do some research on the 45 Super. You also don't need much to convert a colt, para, kimber...ect. Flat firing pin stop and a few springs and your good to go. My 45 Super will shoot 45 acp just fine. Most of the internet mall ninjas and such don't know about the 45 Super. That's fine by me leaves me more brass lol...I have used up to 275gr. Huntersupply cast and 300gr Cast performance slugs. All of them accurate and a slug that big going 1000fps + is well just devisating.:) I think it shoots ok for a Para Eilte Commander.
IMG_20160520_135354.jpg

Last Edited:
Now all we need to do is figure out how to get .45 Colt in semi auto!

460 Rowland puts medium power 44 magnums in a Colt 45 auto.

It's easy to talk you out of 10mm if you don't reload. The true wildcat loads like Underwood ammo are very expensive, although they are available so if you have the cash...

If you do reload, how about this: Every one will think you are so cool they will be afraid to approach you.;)

I would also try and talk you out of 10mm if my 460 Rowland project had worked better. I have the lone wolf conversion for the Glock. It started out very reliable but has run into issues recently. I have just ordered stronger mag springs from Johnny. If they fix the problem I may still try and talk you out. Nobody shoots the 10mm when the 460R is working.

10mm has been more reliable so far, but I have a heavy spring in the Glock (also a lone wolf upper) to shoot the max loads, and that makes it unreliable with factory. I have a ported infinty 10mm that has been perfectly reliable on everything, but I don't shoot the max loads as much because I don't want to jack it up.

10mm has been more reliable so far, but I have a heavy spring in the Glock (also a lone wolf upper) to shoot the max loads, and that makes it unreliable with factory.

My G20.4 w/ LW 5.15" & 24# has been 100% with everything from a-bit-warmer-than-nuclear to light-for-a-9mm Clays loads.

My G20.4 w/ LW 5.15" & 24# has been 100% with everything from a-bit-warmer-than-nuclear to light-for-a-9mm Clays loads.

I am running a 24lb spring as well, and I didn't mean all factory loads, but the Precision One bunker box I bought will not lock the slide open on an empty mag and occasionally fails to feed. I could run a lighter spring, but it works perfectly with my handloads, and I bought that gun to test the limits anyway, plus I sometimes shoot it suppressed, which causes even more blowback, so I like the 24lb. G20 frame, lonewolf slide that is not the longest but longer than stock, with a threaded barrel.

Ok, I get points taken away for saying "100%" when mouse fart loads don't lock my slide back, but hey, the brass is easy to find :)

I've also run captive 20# with stock. 5.15, & 5.2 w/ 30deg comp - the 20# with comp is a good mix.

G20.4-LW-comp-2.jpg

A lot of guys over spring the recoil spring on Gocks and 1911s coverted to 45 Super/460R. Then give up because, it won't work. Springs are cheap buy several and slowly go down in lbs until it runs 100%. Wolff extra power magazine springs are a must. My 1911 45 Super Commander with a flat firing pin stop , 25lb mainspring and 20lb recoilspring has been 100% from 45acp 180gr swc to 300gr 45 super cast loads. My favorite load is a rnfp 250gr cast near 1100fps.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews