JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For as long as I can remember, I've wanted an SBR and a SBS. I guess the idea of more paperwork, and not being able to travel state to state as freely has kept me from ever getting into NFA stuff.

I now have my 870P and Colt LE carbine all set up how I want them, except they still seem too long (18" and 16").

I'm hoping you guys can talk me into going through with filing, or talk me out of it!

The 870P would get a 14" rifle sight barrel, the Colt would get a 10.5" barrel.

Its neat to think about and play with.
I guess having at least 1 SBS and/or 1 SBR is always a good experiance as well as owning a surpressor (have yet to get a can myself)

If I was going to do an SBS I would make it a SXS double barrel :D which I may still go for, the 14" and less pump actions never made sense to me like the serbus?*

I am playing with the idea of an AR15 SBR.. But the SBR pistols these days are fun enough to warrant skipping the hassle of the tax stamp.

For me, my SBR makes me a little paranoid, do I have my paper work? should I even bring it when I go out?.. Etc.

Id opt for an SBR before Id do an SBS, but then again Im more of a rifle guy. Looking forward to see what path you take and what you're new toy is :D

I have no interest in SBR's, etc. I mean, it's a rifle, it's supposed to hit stuff waayyyy out there!

Now a can is a different story altogether! I'd love to get one for my S&W 622 .22LR pistol! A gun I bought about 15-20yrs ago that happens to be threaded, by way of the barrel attaching nut. The adapter nut is under $20. Sigh......wish I was rich instead of so danged purdy!:p

I have no interest in SBR's, etc. I mean, it's a rifle, it's supposed to hit stuff waayyyy out there!

Now a can is a different story altogether! I'd love to get one for my S&W 622 .22LR pistol! A gun I bought about 15-20yrs ago that happens to be threaded, by way of the barrel attaching nut. The adapter nut is under $20. Sigh......wish I was rich instead of so danged purdy!:p

....you'll notice I didn't try to talk him out of NFA, just SBR's......:D

I have a Sparrow in .22 and it's quite happy on my Ruger's; a MKIII and a 10-22.....really fun to shoot.

Absolutely love short ARs. You can reach out as far as you want, with modern loads and correct barrel length selection. 14.5" will get you out to anything you can hit without magnification, even if you're a crack shot.. and a 10.5" with a good partition tip will expand up to 200m. If you need to reach out farther than that, you'll be using a totally different weapon anyway.

Yes.... SBR away, bro. You'll regret many things you do in this life, but I've never, ever heard anyone say "boy I sure wish I'd never SBR'd."

^^^^ LOL!!! Old age, disability, retired, fixed income, 135# dog that enjoys eating, fuel, taxes, children and grandchildren, ammunition, a :Dnew 55" smart TV :Dand I enjoy eating too!

Just Jim said:
Why shouldn't you own what you want to? You only have one life and things bring enjoyment to that life.

This!

If this is something you want to do, just get it done. Its not a big deal to get it done and can be a lot of fun.

My biggest gripe originally was the hassle of dealing with the paperwork.

Then I went for it. Got a trust made through coyote rifle works and efiled everything. Turned out easier than I thought. Hardest part was notarizing the trust.

If I had one con, it would be that your now officially on some list with the guberment.

10.5" SBR's in 5.56 work just fine. Load your own and you can tailor it to do whatever you want. Ive found 21 grains of IMR 4198 with a 55 grain bullet cycles 100% of the time and still has 2400+ FPS and keeps to sub MOA.

Better yer use a 10.5" or shorter barrel with 300 BLK. It's optimized for a 10" barrel and you can run a 110 grain bullet to 2400 or a 240 grain bullet to 1000 FPS with a silencer.

Its a simple process to do the NFA paperwork especially since they put form 1's online. You can even use your credit card and get rewards points.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews