JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at St. V's the other day and at the end of my appointment check in (filling out all of the same personal BS they have on file) I was asked if they could take my picture for their records. When I asked why she said "to speed up your next check in". When I asked how that speeds anything up she said "we wont need ask to see your ID" I told her "I'll have my ID ready when I show up to my next appointment 15min early like I did today. That should be plenty speedy enough" (They still make you wait)

It's handy for us docs to have so that when Im looking at a chart I can put a face the patient. Really helps remember patients better when you have 2000 of them. Also with increasing use of email I remember people a lot better if I see their picture when they are not in front of me and Im trying to respond to an email. Especially for the patients I have not seen in a long time.

It's handy for us docs to have so that when Im looking at a chart I can put a face the patient. Really helps remember patients better when you have 2000 of them. Also with increasing use of email I remember people a lot better if I see their picture when they are not in front of me and Im trying to respond to an email. Especially for the patients I have not seen in a long time.

let me ask you, is it considered normal by the medical profession for a civilian to carry a gun?o_O

let me ask you, is it considered normal by the medical profession for a civilian to carry a gun?o_O

Well, In my office I know 2 physicians with CHL and probably over half the staff (mostly women) are gun owners. During the recent run on ammo I was buying ammo online and then splitting it with 5-6 people in the office. I gave my office manager some 22 LR as a thank you gift once.

For patients, I know several that are collectors like me and we chat about guns when they come in "got anything new doc?"

I had one patient ask me to be his reference for his CHL

Its rare though to have someone carry into the office. We obviously dont restrict it, just does not happen that much.

So where I am it seems pretty normal to expect a civilian to carry a gun

":D Are they nekid pictures so they really remember you?"

These days the only reason they'd want nekid pictures of me....
would be so poison control could use them to induce vomiting.

Well, In my office I know 2 physicians with CHL and probably over half the staff (mostly women) are gun owners. During the recent run on ammo I was buying ammo online and then splitting it with 5-6 people in the office. I gave my office manager some 22 LR as a thank you gift once.

For patients, I know several that are collectors like me and we chat about guns when they come in "got anything new doc?"

I had one patient ask me to be his reference for his CHL

Its rare though to have someone carry into the office. We obviously dont restrict it, just does not happen that much.

So where I am it seems pretty normal to expect a civilian to carry a gun

Yes but how does your profession see it, does the AMA see it as normal for citizens to carry guns?

Yes but how does your profession see it, does the AMA see it as normal for citizens to carry guns?

AMA represents less than 15% of us. They can F off for all Im concerned. There is definitely no anti-gun "consensus" among physicians.

I think physicians have a similar opinion as the population. Some hate guns and want them all removed, some are like me and cant get enough and a mix all in between. I've asked around the office to the pediatricians and none of them push the gun question issue or even care.

Its really a rare topic that we discuss in the medical field. Unless you are a trauma surgeon in the ER.

AMA represents less than 15% of us. They can F off for all Im concerned. There is definitely no anti-gun "consensus" among physicians.

I think physicians have a similar opinion as the population. Some hate guns and want them all removed, some are like me and cant get enough and a mix all in between. I've asked around the office to the pediatricians and none of them push the gun question issue or even care.

Its really a rare topic that we discuss in the medical field. Unless you are a trauma surgeon in the ER.

Again, thanks for your honest answers. Hope to see you at the club one day:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top