JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Apparently,if you get hold of the Canadian customs,they send a form and you send it back ,so when you get to the border they check you out and let you through with your RIFLE OR SHOTGUN.
So told to me by someone who goes there often.
No handguns through Canada as I understand.

Or put them in checked baggage on your flight.

I would also like to know about taking them on the ferry.

You better be REAL SURE you do your homework BEFORE you attempt to cross into Canada with any type of firearm! (I read on this subject a year or two ago so I'm no as sharp on the details) You can bring certain "types" of firearms into Canada, shotguns, long-guns, long-barreled pistols that have a "sporting purpose", but any firearm that is on the "banned list" which means AR platforms, AK platforms, etc. will be promptly confiscated, and you may have a date with the RCMP!

Read and re-read all the Canadian requirements thoroughly because you will (permanently)lose anything they confiscate @ the border... and they won't let you turn around to go back into the U.S. either. That also brings up another point, you will need the proper paperwork to drive back into the U.S. as well.... it would be better if you flew there instead, or had them flown up to meet you in Alaska!

Hope that helps steer you into the right direction. :s0155:

If you take the ferry (Alaska Marine Highway) you can transport your firearms on there departing out of Bellingham. But you can forget driving through Canada with about anything, especially handguns.

Walk-on passengers traveling with legal firearms or weapons on AMHS vessels are required to check these items with an AMHS employee. All firearms must be unloaded and ammunition stowed separately from the firearms. Unloaded firearms may be securely locked in passengers' vehicles. Please note that new laws regulating the import, export, and possession of firearms have been implemented in Canada and the U.S. Please check with Canadian or U.S. customs offices prior to transporting a firearm into these countries. You can get more information on the Internet at Canada Border Services Agency, the Canadian Firearms Centre, and for U.S. regulations at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms site.

http://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/policies.shtml

If you have an address in Alaska, it is my understanding that you can ship a firearm to yourself via a common carrier. I'm dealing with this issue as well, as I'm more than likely driving up the AlCan this year to work, but cannot take my bear gun through Canada...

What got me to thinking about this is that reality show about the guys mining gold in Alaska. The episode I saw they bought hand guns in Washington then loaded equipment on a ferry. What happened with the guns???

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top