JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was at the PDX V.A. and watched a couple of cops rough up an Street veteran carrying a duffle bag, inside were TWO 1911 .45's, the guy was only seeking medical help but he violated their rule so he got hauled away. Fair? You tell me?

Those of you who live in Oregon have one advatage over us in Washington. You can carry in a bar.

If I go into a bar with a friend or with my wife I have to make an effort to put it in my truck. It has really come to the point I try not to go places I can't carry.

Can anyone show me where in the law it says a person with a state CHL cant carry in the post office?

Weve talked about it but we need to look at the actual letter of the law...

I was at the PDX V.A. and watched a couple of cops rough up an Street veteran carrying a duffle bag, inside were TWO 1911 .45's, the guy was only seeking medical help but he violated their rule so he got hauled away. Fair? You tell me?

Really need more info to make a decision on that. If the guy is wacked out then I wouldn't want him having a fire arm either. If he is just a good dude that needs help and has no place to store his guns then no it's not fair.

The Federal Government, why it appears has jurisdiction to prevent firearms on federal property it actually does not.
The only place protected by that way word thinking is Washington D.C. which is not a state and is federal property.
There is a fine grey line on Sovereign and non-military Federal Land limitations.
Can they tell you no, yes. Its it legal nope. No more then being convicted of a federal crime in a federal courts in a sovereign state is legal, ( its not ) in fact many state courts operate illegally by enforcing federal laws.

Yes this all gets into a sticky area can you tell them to stuff it, hell ya you can. And you can sit in jail over the next two years waiting for your hearing to fight the laws they claim you broke. And if you win>??? You don't get any money, you don't get to carry on federal land you get the freedom you already had. And that is how they get you.

Just ask the Bundy's , did they win in court yep. Are they any better off then they were prior ? Nope
In fact they have allot less money and still only won the freedom they had already and one died.

You can defy any laws especially federal laws, and yet you will have to prove you are not guilty of the crime even though you should not have been charged in the first place. Welcome to the AmeriKan Justice system.

Does the Government say you can not have firearms on postal property yes. Is it federally legal for them to limit this NO!!

So, Go to UPS or FED EX and mail those "Parts", cut the post office out of the $$$$. Hehe, All delivery services charge Too much and we are stupid enough to pay it or we have to so it seems.

Subsection (a) shall not apply to...

(3) the lawful carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons in a Federal facility incident to hunting or other lawful purposes.

18 U.S. Code § 930 - Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities

** edited to correct a mistake**

That was a defense in a colorado case where a man was carrying, had a valid CHL - and sued to overturn the ban (sorry, first story I found on this said he was arrested and convicted - but it he was suing proactively because he COULD be arrested) Supreme court refused to hear his appeal so the 10th circuit ruling stands - you cannot legally carry a firearm into a post office.

Supreme Court: NO GUNS In Post Offices

No guns on post office property, says U.S. appeals court

With the Republican majority and a Republican in the white house maybe it's time to push for an end to the federal property gun ban. It is nonsensical and unconstitutional. Needs to be axed. Only places I can see to remain "sterile" would be courts, jail/prisons, and *maybe* military bases for non-military/non-dependent personnel. Federally owned buildings like SS offices, post offices, parks svc etc should not be gun free zones. If a guy has to visit a VA hospital as one of many errands, he should not be turned into a criminal just for having a legally carried firearm with him. Go tot he VA in Portland and there are signs everywhere - they go so far as to claim the roadway through the property as being gun-free, not to mention parking garages, etc.
Once the Safe Hearing Act passes, this should be next. Or maybe after funding the machine gun registry...
:s0014:

I forgot to post this sign.... I always get a chuckle out of this sign when I go in :D USPS.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top