JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok not really:)

My Henry X model in .45 colt. Only thing that's really tactical about it is the threaded barrel and I suppose the optic, but it's just a really good brush gun optic. Also some old school influence with the M1907 sling. Still trying to decide on a suppressor for it, I don't yet have a .45 caliber one.

20220418_193858.jpg

It's an ACOG, a TA44 specifically. Tons of eye relief, I like that it uses no batteries, and the circle dot reticle is great up close and good for hits on steel to 200 yards.

@jordanka16 Rex Silentium makes a nice and economical 45 cal can that would look right at home on that setup. Not a lot of options for 45 cans that aren't pistol oriented.
Yeah I was really thinking about an MG7 actually, seems perfect for this, not many other short .45 cans. I was just hoping I could get one that I could take apart since I plan to shoot lead. Since it's all stainless maybe not a big deal though.

Yeah I was really thinking about an MG7 actually, seems perfect for this, not many other short .45 cans. I was just hoping I could get one that I could take apart since I plan to shoot lead. Since it's all stainless maybe not a big deal though.
Yeah, should be able to just drop it into the dip or a similar cleaning process. I have also heard running the plastic coated lead helps to cut down on the buildup but don't have any first hand experience as of yet. The MG7 is a great can for the money and performs well above its price point. I have one in jail waiting on the eform to come back that I will be running on a CMMG Banshee in 45ACP. The reduced length vs. most pistol cans is nice also, especially when hanging off the end of a long barrel.

Nice application of a TA44. I have a TA47 with a low mount I've been wondering what to do with, maybe a lever gun?
Certainly could work, the TA47s have that tall mount on them don't they? Even this TA44 took some doing to get it as low as it is, and it's still a bit tall, will probably add a stock pack to raise the comb a bit.

Certainly could work, the TA47s have that tall mount on them don't they? Even this TA44 took some doing to get it as low as it is, and it's still a bit tall, will probably add a stock pack to raise the comb a bit.
TA47s have the carry handle integral mount thing, but I have a lower height mount to bolt it to. But you are right, they aren't set up for the super low mounts.

I have this
520Mont%2520Blanc%2FDevelopment%2Fimg%2FAC12035_00.jpg

rather than

b33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95%2Fb%2Fo%2Fbobb08001002_1.jpg
(Er, well, I actually have both.)

TA47s have the carry handle integral mount thing, but I have a lower height mount to bolt it to. But you are right, they aren't set up for the super low mounts.

I have this
View attachment 1181941

rather than

View attachment 1181942
(Er, well, I actually have both.)
I have a nice old Colt carry handle mount scope, I'm wondering if these mounts would allow it to be used on my 1894SLB.
What ya think?

Does all the stuff on the bottom of the scope come off, or is it captured?
Um, there is a stud coming from the bottom of the scope intended to pass thru a carry handle. It could be removed however would require the mount to be separated from the scope body, not going to happen.

Looking at it I don't think it was one of my better ideas. I'll stick with the red dot and the 1-5 scope I have for it both are on quick release mounts so... I guess I just need to break down and finish building a carry handle upper for the Colt scope to live on.

Thanks for making me think, my head hurts now, oh well.

Lever actions were the AR-15 of their day, so they are already "tactical" in their own right as were earlier repeating designs. I'd consider a red dot, one of the new PA micro 3x prisms (AK/300 BO version) or an LPVO, but honestly open sights are still near ideal on these and keep the rifle lean and clean.

Lever actions were the AR-15 of their day, so they are already "tactical" in their own right as were earlier repeating designs. I'd consider a red dot, one of the new PA micro 3x prisms (AK/300 BO version) or an LPVO, but honestly open sights are still near ideal on these and keep the rifle lean and clean.
Have you had a chance to look through a PA micro prism? I haven't and it's keeping me from trying one, I like my 2x one but it's a GLX, I wasn't super impressed with the SLX optics. Honestly if they had the upgraded glass and were around 450 I would be more interested, the GLX scopes are amazing.

Lean and clean was my goal though, I considered an Accupoint but they're kind of bulky for a lever action, and I wanted something besides a plain red dot. Besides like I said I like the fact that it needs no batteries and is always on, I've always liked ACOGs for that.

Have you had a chance to look through a PA micro prism? I haven't and it's keeping me from trying one, I like my 2x one but it's a GLX, I wasn't super impressed with the SLX optics. Honestly if they had the upgraded glass and were around 450 I would be more interested, the GLX scopes are amazing.

Lean and clean was my goal though, I considered an Accupoint but they're kind of bulky for a lever action, and I wanted something besides a plain red dot. Besides like I said I like the fact that it needs no batteries and is always on, I've always liked ACOGs for that.
I have not, but this review by Rex Tibor looks intriguing:

I have 1x Prisms and a 1-6 LPVO from them in SLX versions and the glass seems pretty clear to me, but maybe I'm missing something?

Their day? They are still here.
Agreed, just pointing out they were the most popular rifle tfor decades much as the AR-15's are today and for much of the same reasons - lightweight, handy, easy to shoot. quick to operate, and inexpensive. If AR's and/or military cartridges get banned they might once again regain that popularity.

I have not, but this review by Rex Tibor looks intriguing:

I have 1x Prisms and a 1-6 LPVO from them in SLX versions and the glass seems pretty clear to me, but maybe I'm missing something?
Oh they're still pretty good, but for just a little more money you get a lot more from the GLX, I was just hoping they would do that. I'll still probably pick one of the 3X prisms up, I have a 300 BO that could use one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top