JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$25
City
Salem
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Hey Folks,

I have several M37/65 Swedish Steel helmets for sale. These are fantastic, comfortable, lightweight, and even stop 357 Mag!

A piece of history AND ballistic protection for an affordable price. $30 $25!

IMG_5242.JPG

These are great helmets for the collector or someone that wants to protect themselves and their family. (scroll to the bottom for my ballistic review)

Here is a review of the M37/65 by Youtuber Mike B

My helmets are OD Green (not grey with the shield like in the youtube video) but otherwise identical.

The original helmet design is from 1937 and the suspension was redesigned in 1965 and closely resembles the USGI M1 suspension. It's really comfortable.The Swedish Military (and a few others) used these helmets until the late 1980s/early 90s.
IMG_5243.JPG IMG_5241.JPG

The chin strap clasp is great! There are two connectors. One "closed" and one "open ended" clasp. The open ended is designed to release if someone grabs the helmet from behind. It works great!

IMG_5245.JPG IMG_E5244.JPG IMG_5246.JPG

These helmets are seriously lightweight. Weighing in at 2 pounds 11 oz (for comparison the USGI M1 weighs 3 pounds 3oz)

European helmets come in multiple sizes I've done my best to guess the size conversion. Most of the helmets I have are ten "Small" (6 3/4 to 7?) , two "Medium" (7 1/4 - 7 5/8?), two "Large" (7 3/4 - 7 7/8?), and one or two "Extra Large (8+).

**I just learned how to adjust the liner on these helmets so it's essentially a "small/medium" and "Large-XLarge"...I wear a 7 3/4 and the "small/medium" was able to adjust to my size. Similarly the smallest setting on the "L/XL" fits me.

I have multiple helmets that are "like new". These were repainted in the 1970s, wrapped in a Swedish newspaper, and put away. They look like they just rolled out of the factory!
IMG_5247.JPG
IMG_5242.JPG

Several of the helmets will have storage wear, such as minor paint scratches, but no dents, dings, or any issue with the suspension.

IMG_5237.JPG IMG_5240.JPG

Some helmets will have roll marks or be stamped on the inside rim

IMG_5238.JPG IMG_5239.JPG

Just $25!

BALLISTIC REVIEW TIME!

One of my helmets had a ding so I decided to sacrifice it to the gods of science and conduct a ballistics test

I fired a 230 gr FMJ out of a 1911 at 7 yards and a 158 gr JHP 357 Mag out of a Ruger SP101

IMG_5252.JPG

Neither round penetrated the helmet (although it knocked off the paint). Here is the backface deformation:
IMG_5253.JPG IMG_5254.JPG

These are excellent helmets and it is obvious why the Swedish military used them for so long. I have 14 helmets available.

$30. $25! First come first serve basis to get the "like new" helmets.

All helmets are in great condition with no dings or dents. Some may show paint scuffs from storage.

Buy two or more and I'll knock $5 off the total price.

Times are getting strange. Protect that noggin! If you want more than two helmets we can strike a deal on the price.

Able to meet in the greater Salem, Monmouth, or Corvallis area. IMG_5251.JPG IMG_5248.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Any with "tre Kronor" shield on side (as in posted vid)?

No shields. All are green and slick as shown in my pictures. From my research I believe Sweden refinished these helmets to export to a neighboring country, but as you can see from the 1970s newspaper they just stayed in storage.

I had one as a kid with the shield and crowns on it, my folks sold it in a garage sale when I went off to college:mad:, these are comfy and now I know how strong they are, glws!

Dang man. I could wear one of these when when I shot my 1902 CG M96/38 at the range! Hmm.

You'd look pretty stylish on the range...and of course: Safety first!

Been debating the same for my M94/14 :D
Need to measure my head head tho, it's yuge....;)

The large sizes are pretty big. My sizing chart is just a rough guess. I'm sure one of the larger helmets would fit any noggin.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top