JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
More than 2,000 patients in Scotland have swallowed a tiny camera instead of having colonoscopies

Why yes there is a video

"'It's a lot easier, it's just swallowing a tablet, the prep is just the same as for a normal colonoscopy and it's a really good option if you're worried about the procedure as it's a lot less invasive,' said health care support worker Jacqueline Gribbon, who received a CCE procedure in December. "

It's not the colonoscopy as much as the prep ...
And, just speculating here, if they see polyps, they are going to want to do the colonoscopy to harvest and test.

if available, would you?

I've had a colonoscopy, mildly uncomfortable. But . . . . . I've also had the front door approach, up through the penis
and into the bladder looking for cancer. And that makes a colonoscopy seem like a walk in the park. And the pain
relief was some lidocaine smeared on the end as it was pushed up through. Very ugly situation.

Colonoscopy and Endoscopy here (not on the same day, though. The idea of getting spit roasted by technology is too much) - but the bladder check sounds absolutely diabolical. I hope I can avoid that one.

After having the damn thing done once I sure as hell do not look forward to another. Would GLADLY do the damn pill. They "claimed" the drugs they were going to give me I would not know what was happening or remember. Well they lied. I knew and could feel it. Would rather have dental work done. The prep was of course not much fun either but if I could do that and then swallow the camera? Hell yes.

Most people are asleep during the procedure so what difference does it make? They see something using the pill, they still do the procedure.

Prostate biopsy on the other hand is done completely AWAKE!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top