JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Things are changing fast. Its not just the big one we need to think about. The little rocket man and what he could possibly do has to be somewhere in the back of our minds.

Although if you are prepared then there shouldn't be to much to add for a nuclear holocost! :rolleyes:

I suppose many here will laugh, but we do prep for that. Underground shelter, suits, detection meters, filtration systems,positive air pressure system, etc.

I appreciate the list & may well appropriate it as a guide.
The other hand, I recently saw an ex.mil type show his >20# survival pack, and was simply astonished at the thought & clarity of his experience-based choices.

I dont think there is any way to Prep to a point of being ready for an over extended period. Locations will be destroyed or over taken by opposing forces (Rioters, Looters,Government). The best you can do try to have a plan, maybe a stash in a few semi remote but accessible locations and get your self right mentally and Physically. Having key core items " BOB" etc are critical but organizing and planning can remedy some that. Have a plan to stay and a plan to leave. Network with friends and family. Train and gain knowledge. Hope and have faith that if the day comes your prepared. But mainly live your life. Be a sheepdog not a sheep.

Woodpile Report
Planning for Escape and Evasion
This has some interesting thoughts on prep
An idea - "bookending"
My solution is to "bookend". One knife is a foot-long with a quarter-inch thick blade for rough work and as a "forever weapon", the other is a small one for fine work, with a finger grip handle, really effective jimping and a generous choil. One set of cammies are for warm weather, the other for cold weather, okay okay, and a snow pullover. I've found bookending to be widely applicable.

It is a blog post, so some current events are intermixed with the prep discussion.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top