JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:D So you got your bugout bag ready but is it in a good place should an earthquake hit? Saw alot of people out in the streets with nothing but a blanket around them in the Chili earthquake. What are you doing to make sure you have something should your house cave in at 3:30 am?:s0131:

jj

Im not so sure we would all be out in the streets looking at our caved in house.
Chile faired much better than Haiti. We would likely fair even better structural wise.
As far as utilities, I would not count on them for several weeks.
Perhaps some homes would not be safe to continue using as a permanant dwelling.
But not a complete loss like the Haitians suffered.

I am mostly concerned with the natural gas lines and possibly downed power lines.

Now if a fault line seperates my property, thats a "hole" issue in itself.

Sure seems these are common lately. Makes me think of the movie where the alien eggs hatched underground causing earthquakes and havoc.
Im not prepared for this sort of scenario!

Nice thing about earthquakes is that you generally know if you are living in an area that is at risk, and as long as you are in a developed country, the building codes reflect that.

Survived many earthquakes living in California, including 1989's 7.1 in the bay area.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top