JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Uh... I don't know where to begin. This is a serious cognitive issue. This is not a joke, deserving of uploaded funny pictures.

Speaking as a collapse theorist and professional survivalist, why would you want to relocate to Vegas? All I can think of is quoting Nicole Foss (haven't seen interviews of her in a few years. Heard she relocated to New Zealand) of The Automatic Earth blog, when asked about Vegas: "Get out while you still can. Las Vegas has no future."

What part of the declining water table in Lake Mead do you not understand? A few years ago they had to re-dig the aquifer to Vegas because the old one is now above the water level. Overpopulation, resource depletion (mainly water) and climate change are putting all the major cities in the Southwest on borrowed time. Why do you think people from all over the U.S. (especially the SW) are converging on the Portland/Vancouver area? We actually have this thing called water, and a mild climate (for now).

Yes, I drove through California recently and saw all the reservoir's filled to the brim from these recent rains, but the whole state is living on borrowed time, at least with regards to its food production.

If you're talking survival and thinking Las Vegas,... I don't know what to tell you. Kind of dumb.

If you are in a real survival situation in the desert you better have brought your own beverage otherwise you are screwed . There is the occasional cactus to suck on but if it is a REAL emergency there are 50K other people trying to suck off the same cactus. Stone your heart and do what needs to be done.

I would take some type of mister fan, an umbrella, some sunscreen a magazine. And extra water.

Travel by night , sleep in the day and use a tarp to catch morning dew. You can wring out moist camel turds for water as well. Get a book on edible desert plants ? Rabbits, birds , rodents and snakes should be plentiful so a good .22 would be nice.

I'm not much help. Good luck.

Gee thanks, moist camel turds. Northwest Firearms does it again...:p:rolleyes:

Uh... I don't know where to begin. This is a serious cognitive issue. This is not a joke, deserving of uploaded funny pictures.

Speaking as a collapse theorist and professional survivalist, why would you want to relocate to Vegas? All I can think of is quoting Nicole Foss (haven't seen interviews of her in a few years. Heard she relocated to New Zealand) of The Automatic Earth blog, when asked about Vegas: "Get out while you still can. Las Vegas has no future."

What part of the declining water table in Lake Mead do you not understand? A few years ago they had to re-dig the aquifer to Vegas because the old one is now above the water level. Overpopulation, resource depletion (mainly water) and climate change are putting all the major cities in the Southwest on borrowed time. Why do you think people from all over the U.S. (especially the SW) are converging on the Portland/Vancouver area? We actually have this thing called water, and a mild climate (for now).

Yes, I drove through California recently and saw all the reservoir's filled to the brim from these recent rains, but the whole state is living on borrowed time, at least with regards to its food production.

If you're talking survival and thinking Las Vegas,... I don't know what to tell you. Kind of dumb.

Dude you have no clue what you are talking about. You didn't even present a single piece of data, just your uneducated opinion. The lake has been that low and lower 3 other times in the past 80+ years. It's called a cycle. Get a clue before resorting to name calling. Educate yourself with some facts.:rolleyes:

https://d32ogoqmya1dw8.cloudfront.net/images/eyesinthesky2/week2/lake_mead_water_levels_500.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top