JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It might be cool to have a "Survival Forum" in here.

It could have gardening tips, MRE info, financial strategies, gun choices, whatever,............ for preparing for possible economic meltdowns, zombie attacks, nuclear war, Katrina type disasters.

Some would be fun zombie exersizes, some would be real wilderness tips.

Downside is that people looking in can think we are survivalist nut-bags.

Up-side is that members can prepare for power-outages, camping trips where one gets lost, "car broken down in snow covered climates" type situations.

Could save a life.

This thread is not, in itself, a survival discussion. Just an idea thread if you guys would like to have a "Survival Forum" in here.

What say ye?

It might be cool to have a "Survival Forum" in here.

It could have gardening tips, MRE info, financial strategies, gun choices, whatever,............ for preparing for possible economic meltdowns, zombie attacks, nuclear war, Katrina type disasters.

Some would be fun zombie exersizes, some would be real wilderness tips.

Downside is that people looking in can think we are survivalist nut-bags.

Up-side is that members can prepare for power-outages, camping trips where one gets lost, "car broken down in snow covered climates" type situations.

Could save a life.

This thread is not, in itself, a survival discussion. Just an idea thread if you guys would like to have a "Survival Forum" in here.

What say ye?

I like the idea. You're right about the possible survivalist impression. It's too bad the word has developed that reputation. Even using the term "Survival" might be discourage some folks who'd otherwise be likely to participate on the web site. Perhaps focusing language like "general preparedness." It means essentially the same thing but doesn't have the black helicopter baggage.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind if you called it something like, "Bazooka Joe Meets Fan." ;)

Number six in favour.

To minimise "bad press", perhaps call it something cryptic yet appropriate. Perhaps something like "perseverance", or "endurance".. oh, wait, that one's been used before (Shackleton's story... an amazing survival tale, and every word true). Carrying on, but that can have a rowdy connotation as well. More ideas for a monniker?

New member here. I hope that it would be properly modded to reduce the arguments that often come up in other forums ( I am new so I don't know how this site deals with nonsense) and be positive addition. Survival has such negative conatations in today's world, could be something along the lines of essential skills?

Yes if you do be careful. Our county run range won't allow silhouette targets, because of the evil ideas it produces in sheep. But again nut-bags can by lack of propriety, tack and forethought or common sense make us all sound like loons. IMHO
rhtwist

My reason for being here is to learn more about another area of self-sufficiency which is Self-Defense. The ability to survive when times get tough is my goal...so I would welcome that type of Forum. It should generate a great deal of interest in folks with similar ideas. I highly suspect that mindset represents the majority here.
73 Dale

New member here. I hope that it would be properly modded to reduce the arguments that often come up in other forums ( I am new so I don't know how this site deals with nonsense) and be positive addition. Survival has such negative conatations in today's world, could be something along the lines of essential skills?

ikona, I've only been here a few months, but have been impressed by the mods' performance. Once in a while I've seen the Brown Stuff getting flung about, and they've been pretty quick to cool things down a bit. I've seen very little in way of personal attacks, namecalling, that sort of childishness... and yet, at times, the discussion can get very lively and passionate. There are some pretty hard and fast rules about content--- it MUST be related to firearms somehow. But, if the discussion is lively and moving along and seeming beneficial, they'll turn a blind eye to "the ROOOOLS" and let it run its course. When it is time to step in and get things back on track, I've been impressed at how civil they've been.... first, a "gentle reminder", perhaps one of those silly moving waving icons with a flag that says something silly but to the point.... the "offenders" "get it" and things turn round rather quickly. They could come into the corral both guns blazing........ but I suspect they realise there'd be rather a mess to muck up after. I've learned a tremendous amount here, there are some very opinionated, but well seasoned, even battle hardened (and scarred?) chaps calling this place home. Part of why I can get so interested in a new forum on survival issues. And most have demonstrated the ability to put an idea in the table, then let go of it, leaving others to take it up or leave it alone.... I am certain all this is a large part of why this forum has about doubled in the few months I've been on here.

To treat your comment about some folk "out there' not fancying we "survivalists", I rather think it comes down to the fact that a nanny government operates on the premise THEY are the ones to take care of every little scratch and owie, thus WE have no need to learn to care for ourselves. We are to "trust and depend upon" THEM. Sorry, they've been proofed in the assayer's crucible and found wanting..... most are only on about seeing to their own future security ((fat pensions, secure positions, etc) and not to ours. Time more of us awaken and prepare ourselves to fend well in their absence... which could not possibly come a day too soon, for the most of them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top