Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Surplus Ammo & Arms

Discussion in 'Washington Reviews' started by Northwest Firearms, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Northwest Firearms

Northwest Firearms Pacific Northwest Site Maintenance

Surplus Ammo & Arms
    12729 Pacific Highway South
    Lakewood, WA 98499
    (253) 722-1966

2. doubleactiononly

doubleactiononly Seattle Member

They always seem to have ammo in stock, in individual boxes and in cases. These are the same guys that sell lots of ammo at the WAC gun shows, only in a convenient retail location

Price-wise they are pretty good. They seem reasonable to me. Service-wise, they leave a lot to be desired, at least in the retail location. All I wanted to do was buy a case of .38spl, but I practically had to beg them to just tell me the price. There were 3 people behind the counter. One of them said he didn't know the price, another said to talk to the woman, and the woman was tending the cash register.. And apparently she was the only one who could look up the price. Too bad there were 5 people in line waiting to check out. Talk about a bad setup

3. tuckerha

tuckerha Tucson, Arizona Member

Seen them at the WAC shows too. But they are two or three blocks from where I work. May have to check it out on a lunch break or something.

4. needs2hunt

needs2hunt Tacoma Wa. Member

been in there quite a few times. to buy ammo and they always have it.. so I end up buying more then planned...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: they guys behind the counter arn't bad but they like to stack 2 sales guys on a buyer...:confused::confused::confused: don't under stand that..

5. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Edit: life is an ever evolving process and so is running a business. One of the best no-nonsense gun shops I have ever been in. Some people have complained about the service but when you take into consideration that Andy and the crew do there very best to treat everyone equally, well you can't please everyone every time but I have been very pleased over the year and half of doing business there.

Awesome selection on ammo and AR "stuff". Wish they had more AK stuff.

SF-

6. JCL

JCL Eastside Member

Prices on ammo are very fair. Be ready to deal with army guys, good and not. Decent selection.

7. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

I've bought a bit of ammo and brass from them online and at shows, great place.

8. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

Bought ammo, cans, and mags from them. Seem to be good at shows for fair pricing.

9. Humpyslayer

Humpyslayer Kent Member

Service kinda sucked but had a decent selection of stuff I like and the prices were really good.

10. jaminj

jaminj Federal Way, WA Member

I get great service there!! Andy (manager) and Chester are both great guys ask for them you will always get taken care of. Andy cares about customer serive and has went on other boards and said so, sooo if you have a problem bring it to his attention he will take care of you! Honestly my favorite place to shop in Northwest and No I don't work there lol although I should

Hands Down Best AMMO Prices in AREA!

11. YFZsandrider

YFZsandrider Tacoma, Wa Member

Great ammo prices, and a decent selection of guns!... but as a prev poster said, be ready to deal with military guys. Take that for what its worth;)

overall a good rating!

12. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

a "WA CHL"? In WA it's a LCCL (License to Carry Concealed Pistol). In OR it's a CHL. I have both

13. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

I've bought ammo, ammo cans, and primers from them when they come to the PDX Gun Show - seem to have good prices and selection. Never had an issue with service.

14. Buddymack

Buddymack Cougar/Ariel Washington Member

Just went yesterday, nice guys no gun snobbery there as far as I could see and the prices were great, I purchased a couple Ammo boxes and checked on a few things for a future purchase ..sure hope they continue to carry the Swiss Ammo as I come up all the way from Kalama..

15. Tactical SS

Tactical SS Washington Member

If you don't mind shipping they do have online ordering.

I've purchased ammo and one gun from them recently. It did seem as if I had to put together a novel with all the paperwork they throw at you. Quite a bit more than any other place I've done business with, is that a bad thing though? Not really.

Ammo prices are some of the best I've seen locally.

The customer service is good and bad. While they answered the questions I had, there seemed to be an attitude of "You're in a gun store, you should already know this". Could have just been me, but that's the slight impression I got.

All in all I'd say it's a slightly better than average place. It will be my main stop for ammo from now on.

16. fry

fry pacific north west Active Member

i used buy a lot of mil surp from tham at the pdx show several years back when it was a lot less expensive.

one time i bought a case of hirt 308 from james that he didnt have with him, said it was back at the store. i totally forgot about it and turns out so did he. about six months later he remembered and must have found his notes because it showed up one day as a surprise. i saw him at a show some time later and we laughed about it.

bought an aero lower roll marked "surplus ammo.com" at the centralia show last sunday. it looks nice but have not put it together yet.

17. BlackRidge

BlackRidge Sammamish, WA Member

+1

Great selection, great prices, staff can be a-holes @ times

18. Sammy88

Sammy88 OR New Member

I've checked out there this place before. Really good prices and good inventory.

19. olywa

olywa oly Member

this shop is cool. ammo price are reasonable and next to Tactical tailor so its a doulble dip trip.

20. Buddymack

Buddymack Cougar/Ariel Washington Member

I think they are about as good as can be expected, some will talk shop with you and be helpful and some blow you off, at least its not Big 5 were you may even have some Anti Gun Mgr blowing you off.