JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have dealt with SAA a couple of times and have one of their uppers on my AR. They are a very knowledgeable and helpful crew when they do get to you. unfortunately you are not always the only one in the store that needs help, but I have no complaints.

Same beef as others.
Gun show prices substantially higher than online prices.
Otherwise they have a lot of stuff reasonably priced.
It just seems odd that I have to pay more in person.
Including shipping the case of ammo I was looking at was less online.
FAIL.

I would think in person is less work than an online order. So in theory cheaper.

It's not. Shipped ammo is just running a credit card, putting it in a box, and printing a shipping label for UPS. In person is more time taken, and hiring of knowledgeable store staff costs more than someone who can tape up a box.

Went in today to buy ammo. I have been in before and had problems with them having one price online and another in the store/show. Today was the end for me. Just too much like buying a used car. Set one price and I will pay it without ever saying a word. But when the price is all over the place it's just not worth it.

9mm BVAC loose packed? We were out. Simple as that. All we had was the 50 round boxes that cost more. We'll match the website pricing (and they are a different entity by the way) for the SAME product. This wasn't the same product.

9mm BVAC loose packed? We were out. Simple as that. All we had was the 50 round boxes that cost more. We'll match the website pricing (and they are a different entity by the way) for the SAME product. This wasn't the same product.

I stand by my original post. If information was clear, honest, and consistent I would not have had a problem.

I have just done buisness (still in process actually) with them. Made a purchase online. The money came out of my account faster than I could blink... Now I have been waiting for a week and it hasn't shipped yet. I understand things take time but I see where their main focus is (removal of money from my acct). I don't think that they will be my FIRST choice for online purchases in the future. I won't count them out totally but they just haven't impressed me much as of yet. I will edit my post when my order arrives and give a time frame.

I have had very good luck with Surplus Ammo so far.

It seems that a lot of companys now days will run your card asap and not notify you that it is a backordered item instead of asking if you want to wait. (Cabela's is a perfect example of asking about backorders)

The phone order to me is smarter thing to do, ask if it is in stock, and when it will shipped.
I also look for companys that state in their shipping policy that the card will be billed "upon shipment".

just say'n

Last Edited:
Note to Surplus Arms and Ammo :

Make your store and gun show prices the same as your website and you'll have a faithful following that will propel your business to new heights. :pound:

Same prices store and gunshow? I would not think it would be a win situation?

Truck: Load ammo and booth ect.
Fuel:
Show: unload and set up.
Sell -sell-sell.
Tear down and load up.
Fuel.
Home: Unload and re-inventory
Misc: How many people? Overtime? Meals? 2 day show accomodations?

Now I got a headache, I used to have to estimate this stuff on a 'MUCH' larger scale. (<:}-

Same prices store and gunshow? I would not think it would be a win situation?

Truck: Load ammo and booth ect.
Fuel:
Show: unload and set up.
Sell -sell-sell.
Tear down and load up.
Fuel.
Home: Unload and re-inventory
Misc: How many people? Overtime? Meals? 2 day show accomodations?

Now I got a headache, I used to have to estimate this stuff on a 'MUCH' larger scale. (<:}-

You made a good point, but talk about a headache...website is one price, store in Washington is another and gun show is a third price. None of them have the same price or inventory, yet it's the same business. For example: why doesn't the gun show sell any AR parts?
At least have the same price in their Washington store where they already have the staff and inventory. Other businesses can pull this off and have a loyal customer base because of that. When I drive to their store, I never know what they are going to charge.
Don't get me wrong. I like SAA. It's frustrating for customers when they have 3 points of sale with 3 different prices and inventory.

I would just like to see them process internet orders in a timely fashion. I appreciate the suggestions of EMP9596 in his first response to my post. Thank you, that is really good advice! I don't have the luxury of personally frequenting gunshops with any regularity so online suppliers are very practical for me. The prices on the website seem ok to me but the longer they keep me in the dark about when my order will be processed the less likely I will be to shop from them in the future. I hope that this all is resolved soon and I can make my next order from them however, I am not holding my breath.

I would think in person is less work than an online order. So in theory cheaper.

I sold online for 10 years and I can tell you once you get good at it and if you minimize direct interaction with your customers it's a very fast process to pack and ship small items. The overhead of a brick and mortar store is onerous

I have ordered ammo 5 or so times from them online. They have always been quick to ship, and their shipping charges seem reasonable. Never dealt w/them at their shop or at the shows. Always showed up within a day or two to the Portland area.

Both Eyes - I would definately give them a call.

My order involves an FFL so I expect it to take a little more time... That's fine. If it were a non FFL purchase I would be furious right now. This is the first time I have purchased a firearm online so this is all new to me. All my purchases in the past have been face to face in a gun shop. Having a CPL means I buy it and walk out. For those of you who have purchased firearms online before, how long does the process usually take before they ship the firearm out?

Well I bought a few pistols online & I had my FFL fax his info while I waited to make sure the retailer got the info. Then I called them to confirm. Guns shipped within 2 days I think.
Are you sure SAA has your FFL's info?

I recieved an email from the FFL the day that I ordered the firearm stating that he sent his FFL. I then emailed SAA and they confirmed that they had recieved it. I just got off the phone with SAA and they are processing the latetest backlog of transfers this afternoon. They told me that it should ship out tonight or monday. We will see. Thanks for all your info folks. I always get a little anxious when my acct is charged and I don't see any joy after a while. Regardless of what I am buying.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top