JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Army guys a good to deal with.

Best ammo prices in the NW, plenty of ammo in stock. Ya you can get certain rounds on sale at the Cabelas and Sportsman's warehouse but for consistent prices on mostly mil spec ammo Surplus ammo is the place to go.

Good selection on mil style weapons & fair prices

Their stripped AR lowers are a steal @ $75

My wallet is always smaller when I walk out the Surplus Ammo door.

Hi there. I work there. If ya'll that said we are lacking wouldn't mind, would you please tell me what we did wrong and how we can improve? I can pass this on to the manager and hopefully we can become better to serve you better. I can't and won't say we'll make everyone happy, but we all try to make the customer happy, and a regular.

I would like to see more Ak assesessories. Like folding stocks, rails, flash hiders, etc. Just not Tapco brand. How about carrying US Palm ak30's. <broken link removed>

Excellent shop. In fact I stopped doing business at other local stores. I still shop online but will not go to any other place locally. Andy and his crew are top notch! They wont BS you or talk your ear off. You get the skinny, make your purchase and GTFO! Simple.

Politely said... Their service is lacking. I'm never comfortable when I am in the store.
Inventory and prices are good. I go when it's the best alternative.

Edited... Unicorn I just read your post. Thats cool that you want to try to make things better. Sometimes when I am in there and have a question it feels very awkward asking for advice. Either everyone hears the question and pipes in or the question could be blown off without much follow up questioning. I've had a salesperson walk away from me when I was shopping and trying to buy my first AR upper. I guess the text message was more important. I ended up buying it online. And that was a week or so after I bought one of your complete lowers. Let's assume there are only about 4 different personality types. Your shop is pretty much a type A or strong dominate style. I would suggest your staff try harder to deal with the meek, the mild, the newbie. Most people don't open up until they feel comfortable. One of the keys to sales is to ask questions of the customer. When they open up they are more likely to spend money. Otherwise they may browse and turn for the door, perhaps paying more at Cabela's but at least satisfied they had their questions answered. In short, I hope you guys can improve the consumers retail experience. In the end, it will mean better profits for the company.

I've been friends with Unicorn and Andy for a some time now, and both are standup guys, neither wants a customer to go unattended to, but there's only so much you can do... When the counter is three deep in customers, you can't expect 5 employees to get to everyone, everytime...I know it's frustrating, but it is what it is.

I remember James from the L&C shows in Spokane...he was always the guy to go see for ammo deals, and the brick and morter outlet has not changed that.

ETA- Unicorn gives the *BEST* Personal service. Evah! All you have to do ask.

Thier ammo prices are great for low and high end stuff. I have never felt thier service was anything but top notch. Just dont go in at 12:00 on a Saturday and want to BS.They are way too busy for that.The black gentleman (sorry dont know his name, wish I did) always gives excellent service and answers questions .I have never been talked down too, and I ask some really silly questions.My only gripe is , I wish I had more money to spend there. Slugman

hello northwestfirearms and slugman. Im one of the guys that works there at SAA and we are firearm consumers/enthusiasts like our customers and we TRULY strive to give excellent customer service and great prices as well, because we have seen the other side of the coin at , and regardless how busy we are, we want every customer taken care of fully, whether they just have some general questions about your first AR15 or buying a barrett 82A1, you will be given great service, either way, thanks and hope to see more of you all soon, and as always let us know like my colleague said what we can do to help our customers

Bump because I need to ask everyone who has any problems, issues, or any complaints to email me at [email protected] No matter what the problem, let me know. We're trying to improve and need your help to know what we need to do to improve from the customer's point of view.

Stopped in there for my first time on the way home from a business meeting in Tukwila. Great little shop. I think in the twenty minutes I was there just poking around I was asked at least five times if I needed any help (but not in that annoying way that you get pestered at Best Buy). And there were at least a half-dozen other people in there at the same time, so they were busy, but still had time to check and see if I needed anything in particular. And when I was ready to start looking, everyone was friendly and helpful.

I'll definitely be stopping in again on one of my next trips through.

Great supply, great prices, they've always answered my questions without patronizing me. I get most/all of my ammo from here and will continue doing so. I refer friends and people from the range here (that were unaware of the prices/selection and were going to Cabela's or some bubblegum). Thanks!

I always enjoy going to SAA since they carry a lot of accessories most other shops don't. Most of the people that work there are really cool and helpful as well.

My only gripe is they are sooooo SLOW to check people out at the register. If there is two people in front of you, it is going at least a 5 minute wait for them to take your cash. I am not sure if it is there computer or credit card processing software, but they should get that worked out.

Other than that one complaint, they are my favorite shop in the Tacoma area.

One of the issues with slow checkout has been fixed. One of the card machines was incredibly slow until we were able to get it to dial out over internet.
Unfortunately the backup machine on the second register is still slow as ****.

Lowers take long because we don't already have them in our point of sale, so we have to enter each one and it's serial number as we sell them. We get too many in at a time, and sell them in the store and online too fast to be able to enter hundreds at a time into our point of sale.
The other thing that slows it down is that we enter customer information for every firearm we sell into our point of sale. It takes a minute or two to enter the information. Someone who has purchased a firearm from us already is usually faster.

Went in today to buy ammo. I have been in before and had problems with them having one price online and another in the store/show. Today was the end for me. Just too much like buying a used car. Set one price and I will pay it without ever saying a word. But when the price is all over the place it's just not worth it.

Surplus ammo recently had a labor day sale. I drove from Kent to Lakewood only to find out the in store price was much higher than the online price. I ask for one of their sale lowers and was told they had run out. I went home and ordered the upper from the website and had it in two days. Why the BS? set a price and honor it or make it quite clear it is an online price only and save me the drive.

Gun show ammo prices are higher than online.
Why?
I went to the show expecting it to be the same.
On top of that, I had to pay parking and show entrance prices.
Buying in-store or at the gun show would save us shipping.
These economically stressed days are tough enough.
Other than that complaint, I like SAA.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top