JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One more thing. In your very first photo, it shows a larger and smaller circuit board side by side. Both boards have a very large square black component, marked HONGFA. I'm guessing from their markings that they are transformers.

The one on the larger (left) circuit board looks like it has some major damage, like it melted through. Is that real, or just the photo?
Yeah blown start relay for compressor. Tried ordering a new board and the smaller one showed up….. eBay has no record of my $30 purchase so I can't return it. I don't know……. I never liked eBay anyway so I don't use and not gonna bother….

So I'm gonna swap relay and see if AC compressor fires up.

GFI trips immediately on plug end….. opened up to look for problems and obviously the board is first bad thing.

Compressor windings are still good so I'm just gonna go from here.

Thx again

Yeah blown start relay for compressor. Tried ordering a new board and the smaller one showed up….. eBay has no record of my $30 purchase so I can't return it. I don't know……. I never liked eBay anyway so I don't use and not gonna bother….

So I'm gonna swap relay and see if AC compressor fires up.

GFI trips immediately on plug end….. opened up to look for problems and obviously the board is first bad thing.

Compressor windings are still good so I'm just gonna go from here.

Thx again
Please keep us posted. This is interesting.

Tried ordering a new board and the smaller one showed up

You don't have to buy from eBay, and you don't have to buy the whole board. You can just buy the relay by itself, I would think. When I searched Hongfa there were quite a few hits, including this one from Hongfa:

HONGFA

And this one which is apparently the American distributor.

HONGFA America

You can read the part number on the actual part. Something like HF2150-JA-12DE, something like that, the photo is a little blurry, mostly it needs more contrast.

I think the distributor will either have the parts in stock or can tell you who sells their parts.

Relays are pretty easy to install usually. Not like an integrated circuit, especially surface mount ICs.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews