JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not meaning to hi-jack the thread, but I plan on looking into the CMP so that I can get my hands on an M1,then I can make my kids stand out back in the rain with the heavy rifle over their heads running in place, for fun.
Ah, but are you gonna go Gunny Hartmann on 'em?

"This one's my rifle, this one's my gun! This one's for killing, this one's for fun!" :p

7.62x39 AR intrigues me because the ammo is much more affordable than 300bo. I have however heard of relaibility issue with 7.62 in the AR platform? Curious to know if that is a thing of the past. Anyway good luck 1 leads to 2 which leads to 12...:)

I've made a 7.62x39 AR. I got an ER Shaw barrel, PSA EPT trigger, a nickel boron bcd with an enhanced firing pin, and ASC 20 round magazines.

Shoots lead every time I pull the trigger. I pretty much only shot wolf steel case with it.

Not meaning to hi-jack the thread, but I plan on looking into the CMP so that I can get my hands on an M1,then I can make my kids stand out back in the rain with the heavy rifle over their heads running in place, for fun.

Wanna really torture them...Make'em hold up that 10 lb steel and wood Garand on the tops of their fingers with their arms stretched forward parallel to the deck....Rifle up and overs after that will be a joy!:D

Brutus Out

What I'd *like* to build when budget allows for a Get Home Duffel Gun? Something akin to a Mk 18 Mod 1, but with a pistol back-end and Sig brace or Shockwave blade on a LAW Tactical sidefolder, and the barrel an integrally-suppressed .300BLK--the goal here being just enough suppression to make it hearing-safe, while still recognizable as "yeah, that was a gunshot" when fired.

So built my first AR w help from Curts 223/556 pretty low end which I'm cool w but stopped by today picked up another complete lower w better trigger and butt stock than the first and wanna take a little more time and money finishing it, I wanna do a different caliber and I'm trying to decide between 762x39 or 300 blackout . I'm not a hunter just wanna have a new toy w different feel any input welcomed
Thanks!
My builds all have a specific purpose. I was looking into a x39 build but veered away due to the reports of feeding issues. To realize the main advantage of lower cost ammunition, you would have to consider how much you will be shooting it and for what purpose. If you are set on x39 AR you could consider the PSA KS47 variant which uses AK mags. I think if you build a x39 AR the functionality is on you. You could also buy one after researching reputable companies, but then it wouldn't be a build. The next build that I am gathering parts for is a 308 platform and will be a precision rifle in 6.5CM or 260. After that it will be a 300BO because I want a silencer platform.

My builds all have a specific purpose. I was looking into a x39 build but veered away due to the reports of feeding issues. To realize the main advantage of lower cost ammunition, you would have to consider how much you will be shooting it and for what purpose. If you are set on x39 AR you could consider the PSA KS47 variant which uses AK mags. I think if you build a x39 AR the functionality is on you. You could also buy one after researching reputable companies, but then it wouldn't be a build. The next build that I am gathering parts for is a 308 platform and will be a precision rifle in 6.5CM or 260. After that it will be a 300BO because I want a silencer platform.

I was toying with building a 7mm-08, since I love shooting that caliber. Then I realized, heck, I don't get to shoot the guns I do have!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top