JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm in the market for a sub $400 LPVO and I'm trying think what else besides the Burris RT-6 1-6 I would consider. It is basically the same size/weight and has a similar reticle as my Kahles K16i, which I like better than a Vortex Strike Eagle's. Suggestions?
Suggest searching "704 tactical Lpvo" on YouTube. Lots of good info on that channel about various stuff. He turned me on to a red dot that's been a god send and now I run 6 of them. Also found great budget night vision monocular reviews on there. Suggest verifying with other sources once you find something you like.

Hi-Lux CMR
When I think of Hi-Lux... :s0140:

1677182570549.jpeg

Check out the Burris RT-6. It's superb for the price and NOT made in China. I have a Tango MSR and mine has been good, I still prefer the RT6 though.
How is the long term durability on the RT6? Which reticle do you use/prefer; and, does it really come in at 14.5 ounces (that's the listed weight on their website)?

Lol, me too. The Tacoma is the Hi-Lux literally everywhere in the world except here.

In the early 1980s there was a popular high-end R/C car made by Tamiya by the same name.
Not sure how much in common with tacoma it is because it's made for a different market than us (not talking about the real early hilux that was available in us -1970s maybe?). Always looks a bit different and has diesel offerings fwiw. I would guess that transmission and most of drivetrain is the same but just guessing.

Modern hilux:
2D4CF272-86B7-4C94-98B7-ECCD063E70C7.jpeg

How is the long term durability on the RT6? Which reticle do you use/prefer; and, does it really come in at 14.5 ounces (that's the listed weight on their website)?
I have the ballistic AR reticle. I wouldn't trust it to survive on a .308 but it handles anemic .223 just fine. I don't trust any LPVO as much as I trust prisms in terms of durability... just too many moving parts to be bombproof. That sounds right for weight, it's not super heavy but I use a 9 ounce mount which makes it a chonker up top.

The Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2 1-8 is surprisingly capable for the price. I switched a few years back from a Leupold Mark AR 1-4 as a cheap way to try out the increased magnification and see if I liked it. I like it well enough that I haven't bothered to upgrade. It's no NX8, ATACR, K16i, or Razor Gen III, but it's also a fraction of the price. I'd even take it over a Viper or most of the other $500-1k LPVOs I looked at. Added bonus they kept it lightweight and compact (though still a bit chunkier than the Mark AR) so it doesn't feel out of place on a lightweight or short build.

I thought of this thread when seeing Nashville shooting video. I think they said "push the Lpvo" and the Lpvo guy was first to take out the terrorist.

At 3:15 mark

Last Edited:
Sig Tangos 1--6x can be had at Sportsmans Warehouse for about $375 during their SIGnature sales event.

Sportsman's warehouse in Puyallup price matched Amazon and I was able to pickup a Sig Tango 1-6x for $299 plus tax when there price was $399. Might be worth asking.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top