JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I see a lot of posts chronicling the decline of products in general, and I completely agree - most stuff sold nowadays is complete crap. However, once in a while, you find a gem. Post yours in this thread so we can all know what might be worth the price (or more).

Let's keep it limited to stuff that is still in production, so others can partake if they are in the market for that particular item. I'll start.

15286606262754500972577217360073.jpg

I bought one of these at Fred Meyer about a year and a half ago. I've used it almost everyday. You can turn it upside down with the lid closed and it won't leak. I even dropped it, full of coffee, had it land right on the edge of the lid and asphalt, and it did not leak a drop. I've since bought one for my Mom and a second one for myself. It keeps coffee hot for 5 hours plus. If I boil extra water in the kettle, pour some in the mug while my coffee steeps, and then fill it with hot coffee, it'll stay hot for 7 hours or more. $20 not on sale at Fred Meyer, $15 on sale occasionally, amd about that on Amazon. I wish they made a bigger one, this one is 18oz. My only real complaint is that it's made in China.

https://www.amazon.com/Ello-Vacuum-Insulated-Stainless-Travel-Avalon/dp/B01FZD7MN4/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1510592874&sr=1-2&keywords=ello+campy&dpID=411JV8diioL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1&psc=1

Case knives...
The red handled two bladed one is the "large two bladed trapper" model.
While mine is 5 odd years old they are still in production.
The Case CV steel holds a edge and sharpens easily ...Fit and overall finish is excellent.
All for a shade over $50 new.
I have used mine for cleaning Grouse , cutting apples , steak etc...and as a general EDC knife.
Andy
DSC06054.jpg

John Deere 118 mower. ~20yrs old, starts every time and I've never even changed a spark plug. Just oil changes and air filter.

AKM 762x39...but that goes without saying. :cool:

I have a Stanley steel and rubber handled 16oz straight claw hammer I have used now for over 35 years. I also have a Vaughn 20oz Fiberglass handle straight claw framing hammer I have had for 30 years. Still in great shape I use both a LOT.

Case knives...
The red handled two bladed one is the "large two bladed trapper" model.
While mine is 5 odd years old they are still in production.
The Case CV steel holds a edge and sharpens easily ...Fit and overall finish is excellent.
All for a shade over $50 new.
I have used mine for cleaning Grouse , cutting apples , steak etc...and as a general EDC knife.
Andy
View attachment 467873

Hopefully not all at the same meal. :s0030:
:s0138:

Last Edited:
presented by my Sweet Bride circa 1974
more or less regular use up until the last decade, now semi-retired like the rest of us.....the singular rubber gasket of the inner lid had a little seeping leak, where a rodent had taken a bite about 30 years ago.....I lamented for years looking for replacement, even calling the factory which was a disappointment....then a buddy suggested a particular old style hardware store, which I brought my troubles to....the guy chuckled, walked to a particular counter, reached underneath, and hauled out a brand new proper size stopper with gasket....charged the OEM price tag on the bag....$2.49!!! I still use it now going on 45 years.....

upload_2018-6-10_19-19-34.jpeg

I've had the same colinder for over 15 years, keeps draining that pasta, year after year.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top