JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh man, stretchy pants ARE the future. I get mine at costco, think the brand is Urban Star. Pretty durable so far, and they look nice cuz you can get some good looking blue jeans. Can't remember the cost but I remember they were cheap.

I often wear Urban Star jeans at work when Im trying to be sneaky. They have survived cuffing rodeos, blood and bodyfluids, and several dropped keys.

Levis 559s are available in stretch now. 5.11 Stryke Pants are also stretchy.

Sadly, most of the sturdier cotton pants that I used to like, denims and such, are now being made in thinner (probably cheaper) semi-stretchy materials. That flimsy, cheesy looking crap with a very light sort of 1/8" screen pattern you see up close in good light. No bueno.

My favorite Levi pre-shrunk jeans went that way probably 10-12 years ago, a year or two after they decided 33 is no longer a legit waist size while 32 and 34 remain.

Latest casualties? Wrangler cargo pocket and carpenter shorts. Very disappointing. I don't like wearing jeans or shorts made of material so thin that everyone can see what religion my parents were in 1955.

But with all that said, if it's been awhile since you bought your favorite cotton work pants, look again and maybe they're being sold (ostensibly as the same product) in that stretchy synthetic blend material now. Just a thought.

I've blown out the crotch on three pairs of wranglers in the last month. I was walking around on a roof yesterday and felt a draft and looked down and saw my penis.

I am not even joking

You guys wear pants?

Thanks for the grin, Velzey.

A friend of mine just got back from an antelope hunt. Apparently, it took him quite awhile to work his way into position to take a shot - at which point, he ripped the crotch of his pants out. Loud enough that it spooked the antelope.

I'm thinking of getting him some stretchy yoga pants for Christmas. Haven't decided on the color.

Thanks for the grin, Velzey.

A friend of mine just got back from an antelope hunt. Apparently, it took him quite awhile to work his way into position to take a shot - at which point, he ripped the crotch of his pants out. Loud enough that it spooked the antelope.

I'm thinking of getting him some stretchy yoga pants for Christmas. Haven't decided on the color.

Cammo, obviously!:D

I know your thread is kind of old but I just got a few pairs of those Duluth firehose flex double knee pants for work. They are awesome. High quality and comfy without looking like you are wearing stretchy pants. I walked around doing high-kicks after I got them just because I could.

I know your thread is kind of old but I just got a few pairs of those Duluth firehose flex double knee pants for work. They are awesome. High quality and comfy without looking like you are wearing stretchy pants. I walked around doing high-kicks after I got them just because I could.

Thanks for the tip.

I was thinking on those, but will probably stick with the 5.11 tac lite pants for everyday wear.

The 5.11's have cargo pockets with 2 inner sleeves each (sized for a smooth GI style 30rd ARmag)-perfect for my 2 iPhone 4s in the sleeves in 1 pocket. Plus the front "hidden" mag pockets are perfect for a flashlight in 1, and a spare EDC single stack 9 magazine without showing in the other. A double stack mag does leave a bit of a tell though.

At the range, the front mag pockets hold 2 double stacks each. Pretty convenient.

The really nice feature of the 5.11's though is the adjustabl waistband. I don't have to have different size pants for when I do & don't IWB carry.

-Might re-visit those fire hose flex pants for outdoor chores though, whenever my 5 plus year old "fence mender" style pants finally give up the ghost...bought them at an outdoor chain back East "Eastern Mountain Sports" (EMS). They're like Duluths regular firehose pants, so the flex ones would be nice.

IMG_1162.JPG

They don't make pants big enough to conceal the magazines I deal with at work :p ;)

Thanks for the tip.

I was thinking on those, but will probably stick with the 5.11 tac lite pants for everyday wear.

The 5.11's have cargo pockets with 2 inner sleeves each (sized for a smooth GI style 30rd ARmag)-perfect for my 2 iPhone 4s in the sleeves in 1 pocket. Plus the front "hidden" mag pockets are perfect for a flashlight in 1, and a spare EDC single stack 9 magazine without showing in the other. A double stack mag does leave a bit of a tell though.

At the range, the front mag pockets hold 2 double stacks each. Pretty convenient.

The really nice feature of the 5.11's though is the adjustabl waistband. I don't have to have different size pants for when I do & don't IWB carry.

-Might re-visit those fire hose flex pants for outdoor chores though, whenever my 5 plus year old "fence mender" style pants finally give up the ghost...bought them at an outdoor chain back East "Eastern Mountain Sports" (EMS). They're like Duluths regular firehose pants, so the flex ones would be nice.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top