JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Defintely want to move away from cotton. It breathes great, but once wet it's horrible in all applications.

BTW gents... "stretchy" doesn't mean "tight." Don't confuse the two.

But you wanna see tight? The manliest manpants on earth - cowboy cut shrink-to-fit Wranglers. Wore those 100% of the time, on and off the jobsite, from the age of like 18-30... and the first thing to go? The crotch. I'd rip the crotch open after about 2 months on the jobsite, climbing ladders and squatting and taking a knee.. horrible leg mobility. And looking back at all those additional hours of pain and fatigue I ignorantly endured, not even realizing your pants aren't supposed to fight you every step up the ladder.. ack.

Thanks for the recommendations.. definitely checking some of these out. Gonna take a look at stretchy costco jeans too

Oh man, stretchy pants ARE the future. I get mine at costco, think the brand is Urban Star. Pretty durable so far, and they look nice cuz you can get some good looking blue jeans. Can't remember the cost but I remember they were cheap.

Maybe try these

image.jpeg

Another vote for the Duluth flex firehose or whatever it is they are called. They back their products too: I had a pair of regular firehose pants that were 3 years old and a belt loop came loose - sent it in and got a brand new pair back.

5.11's new Stryke pants are made with stretchy fabric. They also have an expandable stretch waist...1-2 inches on each side. So you can buy your regular size and there's enough expansion for IWB carry. Which is awesome because I hate having to buy two different sizes for when I carry and when I don't. The pants hold up well too. And most importantly...they fit! Unlike their other/older models.

Others have mentioned Duluth. There stuff is built well but I just can't figure out who they're built for. Cause they sure don't fit me.

I've been wearing 5.11 apex pants for the last year or so after wearing carhartt for 12 plus years. They are lighter which is great this time of year. They stretch and fit great for me.
I've always thought carharts are horrible.
No bend.
Heavy.
Stiff.

If you guys need another option, try Kuhl.

Ben, I've got four pair of very stretchy blue jeans from Costco. They stretch in all directions, and are extremely comfortable. I bought them a couple of years ago and mostly use them for travel! Good luck!

I get those, too. Urban Star is the brand. 2% lycra, I think. Otherwise they just look like blue jeans. Available on Amazon, too. $35 there.

+1 on the stretchy costco pants. I love them! Only one problem, you ether have to wear a belt of suspenders with them. the waist band has very little hold and they slip past the hips with any thing of weight in the pockets! Still, super comfy an durable enough for light work!

I have two pairs of these DU/ER pants. One jeans and one khakis. They are not just stretchy, they are amazing. It's like wearing sweatpants they are so comfortable. Neither pair is "tight" either, both are relaxed cut. They are not cheap but holy smokes they are comfortable.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top