JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hola amigos

I am convinced stretchy pants are the future. Oh man they make my life easier. Putting on traditional cotton denim jeans to go look at my wife's brakes this afternoon reminded me just how lame it is to have to fight your pants just to lift your leg up. And when you have a super physical job like I do, anything that's fighting you unnecessarily is a HUGE waste of calories at the end of a 12+ hour day.

But the only stretchy pants I have any experience with are my climbing pants... Couple of which I've already repurposed for work. Basically soft-shell pants.. And they're surprisingly durable. But at $180-250, I'm not gonna go shopping for work pants at the Mountaon Hardwear store for 5 pairs of pants I'll destroy in a couple months

So anybody got a lead on inexpensive work-appropriate stretchy pants? Surely I'm not the only one

Yea.. Try ye sum stretchy pants and then try to dis

I don't know why anyone would wear anything else, to tell you the truth. At least when you need good leg mobility

New piece of gear from Crye this year. They are very comfortable. I recommend them.

image.jpeg

Duluth Flex fire hose work pants. I believe that material is 3% lycra and has just enough stretch to allow great flexibility. They aren't cheap, but at around $70, still less money than climbing pants.

Men's DuluthFlex Fire Hose Work Pants
+1 i have been wearing these for 2 years now.. they are gusseted so you have crazy flexibility with your legs.. plus they they are thick like denim. some of the outside pockets are great for holding ar-15 mags, almost like they were made for it. I have not worn out a pair yet.

Last Edited:
I remember back in the day some guys (like "casual" firearms instructors and stuff) would wear Haggar or something kinda stretchy black or very dark blue slacks. They were indestructible and I heard you could shove one of those big Motorola radios in the back pocket without getting a blowout for like forever.
They looked pretty spiffy too.
You could also hydraulic jack them into a Pringle can, take them out a month later and they wouldn't be wrinkled.

Try some 5-11 pants. Not exactly stretchy, but do have a bit of give.

Don't know who carries them up north, but 911 Supply in Keizer has a bunch.

Another nice feature some of there pants have is an adjustable waist-makes it easier if you conceal carry.

Might not be the best work pants, depends what you do...

Try some 5-11 pants. Not exactly stretchy, but do have a bit of give.

Don't know who carries them up north, but 911 Supply in Keizer has a bunch.

Another nice feature some of there pants have is an adjustable waist-makes it easier if you conceal carry.

Might not be the best work pants, depends what you do...
Yea, I almost forgot.. I found a couple pairs of pristine (and they fit!) 5-11's in the dumpster not long ago. They are built for war (I know, but they are super heavy duty), but they look like dress pants. I gather that they offer different styles.

Yea, I almost forgot.. I found a couple pairs of pristine (and they fit!) 5-11's in the dumpster not long ago. They are built for war (I know, but they are super heavy duty), but they look like dress pants. I gather that they offer different styles.

-From a dumpster? NICE SCORE!-

Yeah they do have a few styles. I've taken to wearing there "stryke" cargo pants $75.

Nice features:

Ripstop water/stain resistant Teflon treated fabric. A bunch of colors.

Adjustable waist, but I might have to go down a size, because I've lost weight.

Little pockets in front of the front pockets are made for spare handgun magazines, but handy for a flashlight/gum whatever too. My spare single stack magazines conceal very well in them, yet are easily at hand.

Inside the cargo pockets are sleeves supposedly sized for 4 AR magazines. Dunno about that, but probably good for the smoother metal type (surplus/Okay brand etc)-not sure how pmags would pull. Handy for an iPhone 4s size though.

Ben, I've got four pair of very stretchy blue jeans from Costco. They stretch in all directions, and are extremely comfortable. I bought them a couple of years ago and mostly use them for travel! Good luck!

I've been wearing 5.11 apex pants for the last year or so after wearing carhartt for 12 plus years. They are lighter which is great this time of year. They stretch and fit great for me.

This is just putting the male population one step closer to the unisex look (think downtown pdx) before long they will be saying how much better a one piece spandex suit is for you. No thank you I will stay in my jeans and tee shirt

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top