JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
awesome!

It's rain run-off, not a sewer, so what is the difference between rain run-off and a retention pond? I don't think there is much. Would I eat them? If I were SHTF hungry I would. Otherwise I would catch / release.

While in college for fisheries degree, we would fish with hand lines down the floor drains in the hatch house. They had some kind of holding tank down the drain about 15 feet. Caught some nice 2 lbers. Nice way to pass time when professor was gone.

There is a section of creek in Beaverton that runs below ground, and has a couple storm grates over them in places. I've watched what appeared to be small trout schooling in the clear water. They would attack anything you dropped down to them, bread crumbs, spit, anything that hit the water was swarmed.

In S.E portland between Stark and Division and east of 122nd. there was a creek that was placed fully underground, it's called Grant creek. It's still there and back in the 60's we used to catch trout right out of the storm entrances. I still have dreams of it. There are many creeks that feed Johnson creek that are just like this, and if someone doesn't think some huge Cutthroat trout don't inhabit some of these, well they'd be wrong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top