JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I though I had a lot at 12-15k! You guys make me look like a rookie!
Up until the great panic that lasted a couple years I always thought having 10K was a little "over the top". Then that big panic hit and after a year showed no sign of going away. After that 10K no longer looked like much at all. After that one finally let up I started telling anyone who asked "how much is enough", imagine you could buy none for 3 years. Then figure that is what you want to have on hand.

Up until the great panic that lasted a couple years I always thought having 10K was a little "over the top". Then that big panic hit and after a year showed no sign of going away. After that 10K no longer looked like much at all. After that one finally let up I started telling anyone who asked "how much is enough", imagine you could buy none for 3 years. Then figure that is what you want to have on hand.
I had quite a lot before the great panic but when no one could get any, I had friends that were sending friends of theirs to come and ask me...So I sold a bunch of it at the prices they offered me (which was substantial). It allowed me to get rid of all the crap my guns did not like, like some of the crappier American eagle bricks and some Remington, and when it came back available I kept replacing it with much better 22 ammo. I shoot it a lot still and i do buy some when I can find a deal, or if I can find something that is uncommon (for example a local shop had the Wolf super match bricks in stock and my precision 22 loves that stuff so I had to clean them out).

He probably means a vibratory reloading brass tumbler using either walnut or corncob media. I use a wet tumbler with stainless pins to polish my brass but a vibratory tumbler with corncob media to finish my loaded ammo for a short time to get the case lube off and make them pretty.
I mean an old rock tumbler that I use for tumbling brass. using oatmeal, minute rice, and rubbing compound as media. don't knock it till you try it. actually works quite well.

I mean an old rock tumbler that I use for tumbling brass. using oatmeal, minute rice, and rubbing compound as media. don't knock it till you try it. actually works quite well.
Oh I thought you were quoting someone else. I could see trying something like that yeah. I do have a rock tumbler too.

Its the wet tumbling that ill draw the line on polishing up my loaded ammo lol. I mostly use that for just my dirty brass and suppressor baffles if the ultrasonic doesnt get them clean enough.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top