JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unbelievable. The crook also stole 5 boxes of ammo and two magazines. Just speculation, but I would think that he was planning on doing harm to others in addition to the person he was already going to kill. This gentleman possibly saved the lives of others and is a hero in my mind. I hope the outfit that fired him loses a ton of business.

Good deeds never go unpunished...

Perhaps the law should be changed to hold firearms dealers financially responsible when one of their stolen firearms are used in a crime or murder...

Why not, the progressives want to do this to individual owners, why not dealers too...

Just a guess but......

The liberal Left will next add a requirement that all stores that sell firearms will be required to provide armed guards to prevet the theft of firearms. Of course like the employees of the store, those guards will be prohibited from touching customers while they are within the store.

Make sense?

Aloha, Mark

I *was* a Business Major, and I know what the suits are taught from Day One of Business 101 class. Some places deviate from the norm, but the next employee-carry-friendly Big Box I see will be the first.

Frankly, I think this firing is complete bulls**t and shouldn't have happened--I'm not defending it, in fact Academy just got on my Blacklist over it. As far as I'm concerned, preventing theft of a deadly weapon is about the only "property crime" other than Arson of Occupied Structure that warrants a deadly-force defense...

I *was* a Business Major, and I know what the suits are taught from Day One of Business 101 class. Some places deviate from the norm, but the next employee-carry-friendly Big Box I see will be the first.

Frankly, I think this firing is complete bulls**t and shouldn't have happened--I'm not defending it, in fact Academy just got on my Blacklist over it. As far as I'm concerned, preventing theft of a deadly weapon is about the only "property crime" other than Arson of Occupied Structure that warrants a deadly-force defense...
I will give you an Amen for that. I am not surprised this came from Academy, they never could get me an ammo order correct.

My question is why wasn't the employee of a gun store carrying to begin with? Knowing that something like this could happen as a gun shop owner or manager wouldn't you want to protect your investment and or your life from some dirt bag?

My question is why wasn't the employee of a gun store carrying to begin with? Knowing that something like this could happen as a gun shop owner or manager wouldn't you want to protect your investment and or your life from some dirt bag?
Because Academy isn't a GUN shop, they're a Big Box sporting-goods store that happens to have an Elmer Toys counter for the Fuddsports. Think a less blatant, less syphilitic version of Dicks.

Won't be long before Academy folds, even without the negative attention this article is sure to bring them. Prices are high for darn near everything they carry, sans the firearms. Decent gun prices bring some of their customers in, in turn leaving with overpriced ammo and related accessories.

On a side note, was in the local Academy over the weekend, had to walk out shaking my head when listening to the young man behind the gun counter speaking (not too intelligently), comparing a Kimber to a Sig, to an older lady who was looking to buy her "first" gun...my son and I just rolled eyes and walked away...ugh!

edit: Manager is a HERO in my book! Need more of them!

its democrats just doing the right thing...... helping the poor break the laws:rolleyes: while they impose more laws on law abiding citizens

brilliant fire the guy doing the right thing, "make the news for the insanity" and all the petty thieves show up and can smash, grab & run in broad daylight knowing the store policy of let them go ...kinda hope the thieves do show up in droves

I would love to see an inventory taken today and again in 3-4 months

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads