JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think we all agree that @Stomper is great to have around, but what I am not seeing here is actual TESTIMONIAL on what @Stomper has done for YOU.

I am going to start and encourage you all to join in.

I was hunting last year out near Tillamook in the rain on the opening day of Elk season. I slipped on a trail and slid 30' feet down a slick steep slope and thudded my crotch right into a tree and lost my rifle in the bargain.

As I was lying there screaming in a windless high pitched keen, I looked up and there not 50 yards was a 14point elk just staring at me and looking at me.

The keening went up in pitch.

Just then @Stomper slid down the same slope but kept control. He flicked my rifle out of the brush and into my hands where he then cradled by back and advised me on the perfet shot. The elk dropped instantly. Right to the ground.

@Stomper then helped my crotch out of the crotch of the tree and helped me quarter and pack out the elk, giving me a slap on the back and wink before he headed off to continue his own hunt.

@Stomper you should have twice the likes and I will forever be in your debt for saving me and feeding my family for the winter.

Come on folks you must also have stories about how @Stomper changed YOUR life.

Some good stuff in this thread! Worthy of dishing out many 'likes', but this one really cracked me up! Having met Stomper in person, I can personally attest that this is exactly something he would do, especially the crotch part ;)

Oh I wonder what it must be like to meet @Stomper, like I suppose you can do better than that! No way. It just seems to me he would be a pretty decent guy, I must say. What if we became best friends, best friends in the world so I would just phone his house and say, "Is @Stomper there? Just tell him it's me." Oh yeah, that really makes sense. Like @Stomper doesn't have like over a million friends probably. But then again, maybe he doesn't. It's difficult to say.

;)

Last Edited:
Oh I what it must be like to meet @Stomper, like I suppose you can do better than that! No way. It just seems to me he would be a pretty decent guy, I must say. What if we became best friends, best friends in the world so I would just phone his house and say, "Is @Stomper there? Just tell him it's me." Oh yeah, that really makes sense. Like @Stomper doesn't have like over a million friends probably. But then again, maybe he doesn't. It's difficult to say.

;)

Maybe you guys could have a sleep over, laying around in your PJ's, listening to your Neil Sedaka records and talking about the next great gun gizmo, while fawning over pictures of Dana Loesch.... What a night that would be :rolleyes:

etrain was an abused child, and everyone just feels sorry for him. :D

Um.....I think that's supposed to read, "etrain was a self abused child!" I do think ew....I mean we...we should feel sorry for him!!!

Congratulations to both of you guys! Be a kind of boring place with out you two! :)

Maybe the new Northwest Firearms Tee shirts could say on the back:
"What would Stomper say?"
Or :
"What would etrain16 do?"
:D

Fun thread here , and like many have said both Stomper and etrain are always good for a grin or thought provoking post.
Andy

Maybe the new Northwest Firearms Tee shirts could say on the back:
"What would Stomper say?"
Or :
"What would etrain16 do?"
:D

Fun thread here , and like many have said both Stomper and etrain are always good for a grin or thought provoking post.
Andy

Funny thing is there are some folks that definitely don't care for either one of us. We're both kind of sarcastic smart-a$$es, and maybe that's what a lot of people like. But dang, I've had some personal attacks on this site, including in PM's before from people that wanted to let me know how much they didn't like what I have to say. Kind of funny, but it happens.

That said, this thread is focusing primarily on Stomper and myself, but this forum works because there are a LOT of great members here that contribute some darn fine content - great comments, photos, humor, politics. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for everyone else - they make it a fun and informative place to visit!!

There are those who qualify for a less then complementary title that lurk about here, how is it that "another fine member" offends? What if I were to bestow that title upon you, you always have good posts and compliment this forum in a positive manor, I see no reason not to compliment a fellow member here, much as I would in person!

I think we all agree that @Stomper is great to have around, but what I am not seeing here is actual TESTIMONIAL on what @Stomper has done for YOU.

I am going to start and encourage you all to join in.

I was hunting last year out near Tillamook in the rain on the opening day of Elk season. I slipped on a trail and slid 30' feet down a slick steep slope and thudded my crotch right into a tree and lost my rifle in the bargain.

As I was lying there screaming in a windless high pitched keen, I looked up and there not 50 yards was a 14point elk just staring at me and looking at me.

The keening went up in pitch.

Just then @Stomper slid down the same slope but kept control. He flicked my rifle out of the brush and into my hands where he then cradled by back and advised me on the perfet shot. The elk dropped instantly. Right to the ground.

@Stomper then helped my crotch out of the crotch of the tree and helped me quarter and pack out the elk, giving me a slap on the back and wink before he headed off to continue his own hunt.

@Stomper you should have twice the likes and I will forever be in your debt for saving me and feeding my family for the winter.

Come on folks you must also have stories about how @Stomper changed YOUR life.
Did I just read the synopsis of Brokeback Mountain?

As long as you
compliment a fellow member here
you won't offend. I think he was referring to the possibility of "Complimenting a fellow's member here" that might be concerning.
I have met Stomper, etrain16, SgtNambu and a couple of others from this forum and can vouch for them all being excellent folks. There isn't a name in this thread that I wouldn't be happy to meet and discuss anything that came along. A great bunch all around. Glad to be here!!

Funny thing is there are some folks that definitely don't care for either one of us. We're both kind of sarcastic smart-a$$es, and maybe that's what a lot of people like. But dang, I've had some personal attacks on this site, including in PM's before from people that wanted to let me know how much they didn't like what I have to say. Kind of funny, but it happens.

That said, this thread is focusing primarily on Stomper and myself, but this forum works because there are a LOT of great members here that contribute some darn fine content - great comments, photos, humor, politics. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for everyone else - they make it a fun and informative place to visit!!

Well said, and I agree 100%. I'm here for the majority of great members that make it a great site to be part of! And since becoming one of Joe's staff, I've had to tone down the sarcastic smart-a$$-ness. A little. :D

Well said, and I agree 100%. I'm here for the majority of great members that make it a great site to be part of! And since becoming one of Joe's staff, I've had to tone down the sarcastic smart-a$$-ness. A little. :D

I know it's not easy being a mod - I wouldn't want to do it myself, just times when I want to say something that perhaps is a bit more saucy or controversial than a mod would be allowed. But I do appreciate that some folks are willing to give that up to help keep the site running. The thing I hate the most is when a member becomes a mod and you don't hear them weighing in on the threads any longer - so it's good to see you continuing to be a regular contributing member.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top