JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well said, and I agree 100%. I'm here for the majority of great members that make it a great site to be part of! And since becoming one of Joe's staff, I've had to tone down the sarcastic smart-a$$-ness. A little. :D

Yeah, your as useless as Mother Theresa's grandmother, now!

I think we all agree that @Stomper is great to have around, but what I am not seeing here is actual TESTIMONIAL on what @Stomper has done for YOU.

I am going to start and encourage you all to join in.

I was hunting last year out near Tillamook in the rain on the opening day of Elk season. I slipped on a trail and slid 30' feet down a slick steep slope and thudded my crotch right into a tree and lost my rifle in the bargain.

As I was lying there screaming in a windless high pitched keen, I looked up and there not 50 yards was a 14point elk just staring at me and looking at me.

The keening went up in pitch.

Just then @Stomper slid down the same slope but kept control. He flicked my rifle out of the brush and into my hands where he then cradled by back and advised me on the perfet shot. The elk dropped instantly. Right to the ground.

@Stomper then helped my crotch out of the crotch of the tree and helped me quarter and pack out the elk, giving me a slap on the back and wink before he headed off to continue his own hunt.

@Stomper you should have twice the likes and I will forever be in your debt for saving me and feeding my family for the winter.

Come on folks you must also have stories about how @Stomper changed YOUR life.

You're just lucky I had my spare over the shoulder boner-holder with me that day. ;)

Truth be told he was a little pudgy.

I must make mention that the ordeal had made you a bit delirious, and you kept calling me, "mommy". Maybe you're confusing me with her?

BOW YOUR HEADS!!! :D

I know it's not easy being a mod - I wouldn't want to do it myself, just times when I want to say something that perhaps is a bit more saucy or controversial than a mod would be allowed. But I do appreciate that some folks are willing to give that up to help keep the site running. The thing I hate the most is when a member becomes a mod and you don't hear them weighing in on the threads any longer - so it's good to see you continuing to be a regular contributing member.

Thanks man. Yeah, being a mod isn't easy....I'm glad to be here and help out Joe and the site. I'm just a regular guy, with a fancy but albeit hated "title". But.... I'm not going anywhere! :)

Well, It's official, Stomper is now one over 20K!:s0104:

I wonder if he has to start all over at 1 now!:)

I heard the last time that @Stomper turned off his computer that Bonneville Dam had to shut down three turbines to keep the excess electricity from blowing out half the light bulbs in Portland and Seattle...

iStock_000000730824Medium_hoover_dam_turbines-optimized.jpg

There are those who qualify for a less then complementary title that lurk about here, how is it that "another fine member" offends? What if I were to bestow that title upon you, you always have good posts and compliment this forum in a positive manor, I see no reason not to compliment a fellow member here, much as I would in person!
Sorry. It was a lame joke a la best in show. My bad. I respect your opinions and I follow your posts.

Funny thing I noticed, once I stopped trying to be PC about stuff and changed my title to Opinionated and Blunt (then followed that motto) my likes skyrocketed.

I went from less then my post count by a lot to well over it.

I'm broke as a joke so I haven't paid for anyone to like my posts:p.

@etrain16, get yourself some tats and people won't send you nasty online PM's - we say a lot of the same things and I haven't had a single pen pal:(.:D
:rolleyes:

Funny thing I noticed, once I stopped trying to be PC about stuff and changed my title to Opinionated and Blunt (then followed that motto) my likes skyrocketed.

I went from less then my post count by a lot to well over it.

I'm broke as a joke so I haven't paid for anyone to like my posts:p.

@etrain16, get yourself some tats and people won't send you nasty online PM's - we say a lot of the same things and I haven't had a single pen pal:(.:D
:rolleyes:

Would henna tattoos count?? o_O

Glad every one is in such a festive mood, things are quieting down some and getting back to a more or less normal state of flux around here! Heck, this thread bumped every ones "LIKES" count pretty good!

Glad every one is in such a festive mood, things are quieting down some and getting back to a more or less normal state of flux around here! Heck, this thread bumped every ones "LIKES" count pretty good!
Not everyone's. Only those of you who posted. Those of us who have not posted didn't get any love. It's rigged I tell you! Rigged!

Not everyone's. Only those of you who posted. Those of us who have not posted didn't get any love. It's rigged I tell you! Rigged!
There, I gave ya one! You know, ifin ya was to post, you coulda gotts some likes an stuff, Just sayin! Seriously, what were you waiting for? Jump right in the middle and start slingin likes all round, you'll feel much better! :D:D:D

Someday when I'm a somebody I will be like Stomper. Until then, you're all just stuck with plain old Cigars.

Nice job on 20K Stomper!!

So that's what all o those annoying numbers up in the top right corner of this web page is, always buggin me when I'm a tryin to be a lurkin here, all incognito like!!! (read that in ole Festus voice cause thats a how I tyipped it)...... ya went back an a did it didn't ya?
What is a like, like this?:s0080: what the hell, is this Facebook?

I'm a just a funnin ya today. I'll get 10K & won't even know it till someone tells me about it, Jeezy some people have way too much time on their hands.......:p:p:p

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads