JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am finally getting around to shooting my latest Winchester 94 a little more lately and something I have noticed is when chambering a round and the extractor begins to 'ride' up the rim of the case (this is a true, top eject 94) it seems like either the hook is too long or the extractor is overly stiff as that last squeeze on the lever takes what seems like more effort than it should to close. Anyone ever experienced this? Do I need to smooth the hook a little? Thanks.

do you have other winchesters to compare it to? I only ask because some tension is normal, before removing any material I would give it a good cleaning and lube. pay careful attention to the chamber and bolt, by design the chambers are difficult to clean and may be the cause of that last bit being difficult. If it functions as it is I would fall back on an old addage " if it ain't broke, don't fix it". If it was seldom used time and use will make it operate easier.

Yep clean enough to eat off of and it is an essentially new, unfired 1968 model. I am not going to mess with it other than add an extra drop of oil on the extractor occasionally and let it go.

Have you taken the extractor out and cleaned the 1968 grease out from under it?
Not only the extractor but I accomplished a recent complete takedown, clean and reassemble. I think more than anything else I just need to get out and shoot it more. It is pretty tight and probably just needs a few hundred rounds through it to break it in, much like any other gun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top