Oregon Rifleworks
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Sporting Systems
Southwest Firearms Forum
RifleClass.com
Defensive Arts
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Steel or Aluminum Rings/Bases for Weatherby 300 WM?

Reactions
To be placed on Weatherby Vanguard S2. Talley makes Aluminum Rings and Bases in one unit, but I am wondering for long term durability if the Aluminum Rings will stand up to the recoil? Any suggestions for Rings and Bases for this rifle?

bsa1917hunter

Reactions
Talley lightweights are strong. Ive been running them for years. Im also using a set on my 300 WBY. Different model of rifle than what the op has, but i trust them.

MechaNik

Reactions
Aluminum as a metal isn't great for much but heat dissipation and weight savings. I'd go steel of given the option BUT I don't see why aluminum won't work. Remember, ARs are made up of quite a bit of aluminum and have proven to be durable enough. Still don't like it as a metal, though

Aluminum as a metal isn't great for much but heat dissipation and weight savings. I'd go steel of given the option BUT I don't see why aluminum won't work. Remember, ARs are made up of quite a bit of aluminum and have proven to be durable enough. Still don't like it as a metal, though
Do you like it as an alloy though? :p

I have run Talley Lightweights on a bunch of rifles from 223 to 300 win mag. I just avoid them on really heavy scopes on lightweight rifles that kick hard.

If you are worried about it, Talley Steel rings or Leupold Dual Dovetails work great. The Vanguard will accept Remington 700 bases. Lots of options.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Cerberus Training Group
    5.00 star(s)
    Armorer 1911 Course This was a 2 day course devoted to the iconic 1911. You might own a 1911 but, I assure you, you don't know it until you've...
    • Hueco
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    As a recent owner of a PTR91 a friend mentioned to me that Oregon Rifleworks has surplus magazines on hand for $3.99ea. I drove from Vancouver to...
    • svxr8dr
  • Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place friendly service always take time to help you, great knowledge of products
    • RJSouth
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Perfect install of peep sight on my cz 527 carbine. Price was right, was expecting it to be more. Will be my go to for anything I can't handle...
    • cd90caprice
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been party to a couple transactions with Steve and he is a great guy to deal with.
    • titsonritz

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS