JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm only 34 and have had back issues since I was about 19. Some years have been really bad. It gets much better when I work out and a few years back I got in great shape while running almost daily and working out. I went from 197lbs to 178lbs in a year. All my youth I hated running but actually really enjoyed it once I got in better shape. Started doing 5k runs and that helped motivate me.
After having kids my workouts went right out the window. Just haven't had time.
It's been 3 years and I lost all my muscle.

Back to having back pain all day, every day. I go to the chiropractor and do massage therapy a few times a month which helps.

Just seems like my muscles are always tight, then get sore and never relax. I'm always tense.

I've been to a couple doctors, physical therapists, personal trainers, chirpractors, etc.
but never found a cause I could work on.

Just wish I could find an answer. Then I can find a solution.
It's amazing how constant pain can F with you mentally. It just breaks you down. With 2 young kids I want to be able to give them the Dad they deserve.

Very tough with young kids.

Gets a lot better when they can start to hold their own, so hang in there;).

I volunteered to be an "assistant" soccer coach when my girl was 5ish (first year players) and the coach dropped out at the last min leaving me with 16 some odd kids and a buddy of mine I high jacked into being the assistant (even though he knew very little to nothing about soccer, but he knew how to wrangle kids as he had 3 hellions to deal with daily lol.

I am sure we were not the last place team in the community leave but we were down there.

However, we had a good time as a team and the kids learned a lot and it kept me in shape while also doing something with my daughter out of the house.

Enjoy them while they are young though, they are adults in the blink of an eye.:(

I hear that.
My daughter just turned 3yo and my son will be 3 weeks on saturday!
So I have some time.
But it's a best. My daughter has been, and is amazing.
I've been around a lot if kids in my life and she is really great. So sweet and is really been easy on us.
Hopefukly my son will follow that.
But my daughter is a mover. Since she started walking she hasn't slowed down. So that motivates me to move too. We go on walks a lot when it's nice out. Our "adventures."
I want to get healthier and in better shape so I can spend a lot of time with them outdoors.
Hiking, fishing, exploring and instilling that spirit in them.

I'm only 34 and have had back issues since I was about 19. Some years have been really bad. It gets much better when I work out and a few years back I got in great shape while running almost daily and working out. I went from 197lbs to 178lbs in a year. All my youth I hated running but actually really enjoyed it once I got in better shape. Started doing 5k runs and that helped motivate me.
After having kids my workouts went right out the window. Just haven't had time.
It's been 3 years and I lost all my muscle.

Back to having back pain all day, every day. I go to the chiropractor and do massage therapy a few times a month which helps.

Just seems like my muscles are always tight, then get sore and never relax. I'm always tense.

I've been to a couple doctors, physical therapists, personal trainers, chirpractors, etc.
but never found a cause I could work on.

Just wish I could find an answer. Then I can find a solution.
It's amazing how constant pain can F with you mentally. It just breaks you down. With 2 young kids I want to be able to give them the Dad they deserve.
I know lots about backs.
I'm sure you've heard this, but doing setups daily helps a lot.

Yeah I just really need to take the time to do some basic exercises.
Gain some strength back. Actually do some preventative and maintenance to my body instead of just abusing it.

And stretching! Tons of stretching. That really does help a lot. It's always been something I hated to do and couldn't just sit there and take the time to do it. I have too much ADD for that.

Just curious what other members do to stay in shape. I personally do crossfit on occasion in the am, walk a local lake 3.5 miles in the afternoon (dependent on weather and my mood) and hit the gym and do some lifting and cardio in the evenings depending on if I'm trying to cut or bulk. What say you?
This is an old thread but I do 50 curls on each arm with 20 pound weights and 50-100 push ups each day and watch what I eat. Since I have a vacation house by the sound I make sure to get lots of fresh fish to eat with local veggies and home grown/shot meats and veggies.

I try to laugh at least once a derp.

illK6U.gif

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top