JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So the new year brings me to yet another purge of things I don't need or that are time wasters. Last year it was cutting off "friendships" that weren't real. It's a real eye opener when you wait for people to check in with / reach out to you instead of the other way around. Shows you who your real friends are.

This year I want to delete the only social media account I have which is instagram. There's so much crap on there that is negative and time wasting, and I often find myself scrolling around looking at useless videos for hours on there, only to reach the end of the feed then subconsciously open it back up 2 minutes later when I grab my phone.

My only concern is that I do get some good updates on firearm laws and politics (yes I make sure to fact check first before trusting anything). I learn about a lot of laws both positive and negative in the firearm community from some of the pages I follow on there.

Where do you guys go for up-to-date firearm laws (other than this forum) both state wide and federally?

The forum does offer some good legal discussions but it tends to get clogged up with a lot of posts and you have to dig through the BS to find what you need. I liked that instagram puts it right there on the screen quick and to the point. Is there any place you guys recommend that is strictly firearm law related where I can stay up to date on current events?

I don't have any of the Web2 social media acconts. I don't consider anyone who uses those as their primary news sources as "informed".

For firearms stuff, local forums (such as this one) tend to be on top of current events, although an echo chamber as well.

I, being a Gen-Xer, use RSS feeds still. I've subscribed to dozens over the last couple decades from a variety of sources and subject matter. While a dying protocol, it's still pretty widely used and is my primary news source.

I'm curious what others use as well these days.

Good job on the acquaintance purge. I did that years ago and have been much happier.

I don't have any of the Web2 social media acconts. I don't consider anyone who uses those as their primary news sources as "informed".

For firearms stuff, local forums (such as this one) tend to be on top of current events, although an echo chamber as well.

I, being a Gen-Xer, use RSS feeds still. I've subscribed to dozens over the last couple decades from a variety of sources and subject matter. While a dying protocol, it's still pretty widely used and is my primary news source.

I'm curious what others use as well these days.

Good job on the acquaintance purge. I did that years ago and have been much happier.
Yeah I agree with it not being the primary news source and I definitely don't use it as so, but I do hear about a lot of news on that account that has turned out to be factual. Stuff I don't hear on my news apps.

I'll check out the RSS route as I deleted my social media shortly after posting this ha ha

Yeah I did the whole social media purge thing about 3 years ago after my 300th ban from FB/Twitter, it feels awesome, its all just filled with hate and lies and commies lololol, more time to fish/hunt/shoot,oh and spend time with the wife, this month we are cutting the cord, no more bs tv..

Last Edited:
So the new year brings me to yet another purge of things I don't need or that are time wasters. Last year it was cutting off "friendships" that weren't real. It's a real eye opener when you wait for people to check in with / reach out to you instead of the other way around. Shows you who your real friends are.

This year I want to delete the only social media account I have which is instagram. There's so much crap on there that is negative and time wasting, and I often find myself scrolling around looking at useless videos for hours on there, only to reach the end of the feed then subconsciously open it back up 2 minutes later when I grab my phone.

My only concern is that I do get some good updates on firearm laws and politics (yes I make sure to fact check first before trusting anything). I learn about a lot of laws both positive and negative in the firearm community from some of the pages I follow on there.

Where do you guys go for up-to-date firearm laws (other than this forum) both state wide and federally?

The forum does offer some good legal discussions but it tends to get clogged up with a lot of posts and you have to dig through the BS to find what you need. I liked that instagram puts it right there on the screen quick and to the point. Is there any place you guys recommend that is strictly firearm law related where I can stay up to date on current events?
NWFA is my favorite social media account. Plenty of current events info here.

You tube 4 boxes diner tracks federal stuff (he is annoying but is knowledgeable especially on scotus and constitutionality). Wa gun law on you tube tracks local and big federal stuff. Mrgunsandgear on YouTube reports on major federal stuff. Coilin noir reports on major stuff and adds his opinion, which is more informed than just hype BS YouTube channel people.

I suggest avoiding the YouTube hype poeple that "report" on gun legal stuff. They make money by getting an emotional response from you (as most social media sites do) so you will be right back to where you were with those sites. They usually just read stuff out loud and add a lot of hype and bs to it. Go for facts and weed out the hype poeple is my suggestion fwiw.

You tube 4 boxes diner tracks federal stuff. Wa gun law on you tube tracks local and big federal stuff. Mrgunsandgear on YouTube reports on major federal stuff. Coilin noir reports on major stuff and adds his opinion, which is more informed than just hype BS YouTube channel people.

I suggest avoiding the YouTube hype poeple that "report" on gun legal stuff. They make money by getting an emotional response from you (as most social media sites do) so you will be right back to where you were with those sites. They usually just read stuff out loud and add a lot of hype and bs to it. Go for facts and weed out the hype poeple is my suggestion fwiw.
Thanks! Mrgunsngear is awesome and so is WA gun law I like that lawyer who hosts it. I'll check out Collin noir

This is my only "social media account". I don't do data on my cell. I selectively watch TV news. I hate that others would

rather communicate any way other than face to face, i.e., text, FB, instagram, etc. And I realize that F to F is not always

possible, however, phone conversations are and are a reasonable second choice for important conversations. It is easy

to denigrate and insult another via social media because you are insulated. However try the same chiet face to face and

you'll likely get punched. Look me in the eye and tell me what you think. This is what I want from a respective, rational

conversation. From this site I often branch out to other locations based on what I read here from mostly like minded

folks. I often step in a turd on the lawn doing it, but, overall it's good. Best of all is sharing a beer and listening more than

talking.

Thanks! Mrgunsngear is awesome and so is WA gun law I like that lawyer who hosts it. I'll check out Collin noir
FYI here is an example of the 4 boxes diner guy making it easy to understand key elements of past Supreme Court 2A cases and how those can defeat current anti-gun efforts. Although I think he is annoying, his info Imo is invaluable.

You tube 4 boxes diner tracks federal stuff (he is annoying but is knowledgeable especially on scotus and constitutionality). Wa gun law on you tube tracks local and big federal stuff. Mrgunsandgear on YouTube reports on major federal stuff. Coilin noir reports on major stuff and adds his opinion, which is more informed than just hype BS YouTube channel people.
^^^^ Good sources. I really like 4 Boxes Diner. He is a little annoying. But I think he does a great job of hitting the important stuff and keeping it reasonably concise.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top