JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dear Citizens of House District 14, friends and concerned citizens,
I would like to start off by thanking everyone who has shown support throughout the recall effort to protect the rights of the citizens of our state, county and District 14. Your words of encouragement, donations of time and money have helped me get through the last three months. I would like to especially thank Richard White for his tireless dedication volunteering to collect signatures, and Jessica Simpson who was my right-hand person during this whole process. I would like to also thank my family for their support.
With the announcement today of Val Hoyle's resignation as House Majority Leader, I have decided to suspend the recall effort regarding her House District 14 seat. I feel confident that Representative Hoyle would not relinquish her power within the House leadership if she had any intention of campaigning to represent us again next year. Therefore, knowing that she will not be in the House leadership for this winter's short session gives me the confidence to withdraw my petition and not put the citizens of our state, district, and county through the expense or turmoil of a recall election.
I began this recall campaign because Representative Hoyle has consistently prioritized the needs of special interest groups and big campaign donors above the needs of families in our community. She betrayed our trust to serve the interest of lobbyists who have donated $1.3 million to her. As a co-sponsor for the expansion of gun control on law-abiding citizens (while taking the endorsement and campaign contributions from the NRA), a supporter of the Clean Fuels program, and as the only member of the legislature to receive a salary from a political action committee, she has exhibited that she is out of touch with the constituents of this district.
While Val Hoyle and her supporters have concentrated on the gun control issue, calling me an extremist and a pawn of the gun lobby, I have concentrated on the best interest of the people of our district and have worked as an individual to protect our rights under the Oregon Constitution. I am just a husband, father of five, small business owner and veteran concerned for our community and state.
In closing, I would again like to thank those who have supported me during the last three months. As Chief Petitioner of the Recall Val Hoyle effort, I am hopeful and looking forward to supporting a candidate who puts the needs of the people of Oregon before that of outside special interests.

Jason Thiesfeld
Chief Petitioner
Oregon Citizens To Recall Rep. Val Hoyle

The way Val Hoyle explains her decision to step down as House President it sounds like she's doing Jason a favor by allowing him and the recall effort a graceful way to save face...?o_O but then goes on to say that she was never paying any attention to the recall. Yeah, right..!

Way to go Jason and everyone that supported the recall effort.

Hallelujah!!!

How about we send her a Thank You note for quitting before she screws this state up even more...

She has not quit her job. She will still serve in the House as the representative of House District 14. She will still continue to participate in the legislature, and vote on all legislation. She will just no longer have a leadership role.

There has been talk about her running for Secretary of State ever since Kitzhaber's resignation. She was immediately pegged as being a likely candidate to replace Brown. Her plans to run for that office precede the debate over 941.

Doesn't everyone realize that Hoyle is doing this in order to position herself to run for Governor down the road? That is the ultimate goal that she is aiming for here. She will have quite a resume to run on by then.

If you don't like Val Hoyle, I see nothing to celebrate here. She is right on track to eventually become the leader of our state.

And if she is elected Secretary of State and anything should happen to Brown ( assuming she also wins in next year's election too ), then she would immediately become Governor, just like Brown did.

God help our state, though, if Brown is elected in 2016 and remains our governor long term.

Last Edited:
While I agree this wasn't exactly tarred & feathered then rode out on a rail, it was a win.. of sorts.

She's still a State Rep, but this years session is over only leaving a short session where she is no longer in a leadership role. Admittedly, not being a Holye fan that's fairly hard to swallow but consider who might have been appointed to replace her by the Commissioners from Eugene. She's got her eye on "bigger, better" and will likely choose to ride out the rest of her term in a way that best positions her for a run at the Sec. State Office... ie quietly sucking Liberal Dems backside and not 'angrying up' the gun owners.

My hope here is that the recall has left a mark that will cast doubt in the minds of the voters in any future election.

.. and yes, may god help us to avoid a Brown '16.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top