JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What I have discovered is that, with this recent legislative session, the rules got changed..... as per usual, our reigning queen has once more slapped an additional burden on the Washington businessman..... in reality, SALES tax should not be due to the FFL, who never had the weapon in HIS inventory. Yes, USE tax has always been due (as it is when you go to Fry's in Wilsonville and buy a new computer.. you are SUPPOSED to figure out the tax and send it to Washington DOR... but that is not a SALES tax, it is a USE tax. Retailers in Washington are never supposed to collect a USE tax... and only collect SALES tax on items they have had in their own inventory and sold at retail.

This stinking state is SO money hungry the spend days figuring out new ways to extract money from us... instead of spending half the time figuring out ways of spending less. They threw out our initiative requiring a two-thirds vote for ANY tax increase (this past session they did...), greatly increased taxes on tobacco and booze, tried to slap us with an income tax.... tried to remove the non-resident exemption on sales tax, and now are trying to get FFL transfer dealers to collect a tax they have no business collecting.

SO.. if all out of state purchases will now be taxed, I guess that will have to be figured in to my landed cost..... and there will be a lot fewer great deals out there in cyberland. I guess long guns will now be purchased in Oregon (as nearly all ammo now is), and there will be a lot more searching out private sellers at gunshows, particularly for handguns. Anything coming in from out of state for FFL Transfers will NOT have the paperwork included with it. My dealer already knows how good I am at finding and securing great bargains..... he's seen enough of them for me. I guess I will just "get better" at finding them......

thieves.......

motortoyshop, this is an interesting scenario. In your research, did you find out whether such a situation would require the use of a FFL to transfer possession across state lines? never mind "ownership", I am talking about the lease/loan/rent scam.... if that can be done without going through an FFL, THAT would be rather interesting......

I know I can travel to, say, Wyoming, bring along an extra elk gun, and LOAN it to someone from, say, Texas, for the hunt, and no FFL. But, what if I SHIP him the gun to use for his hunt.... his hunt that might take, say, ten years or so..... any clues?

More than intrigued by this..... my devious nature would delight in finding a way round the insanity of our right to arms "not being infringed".

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top