JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had Stanley vacuum bottles for years. A few years back I bought the 24 oz. one to take cans of soup for lunch in the winter time. A hot lunch for about $1.50 is good for me as I work outside in the weather. A while back my bottle quit keeping the soup hot so I called the # on the bottom of the bottle and they sent me a new stopper gasket. I tried the bottle with the new gasket and it still did not keep the soup hot. I called Stanley again and told them and they are now sending me a new bottle free of charge. you gotta like companies that stand behind their products!:)

Have no idea how many gallons of coffee I consumed out of one of their thermos, used one all my working life. They are a well made product.

Wait until you receive it before you crow too loud.
The new ones are MiC and weigh about 1/2 of the old ones.
I'll wager they last less than 1/3rd as long as your original did too.

I was REALLY disappointed when I picked up a new one at Sportsman's and discovered that an iconic company like Stanley had sold out.

So this thread got me thinking... I'm sick of Chinese throw a way junk,so I made a call to my parents who brought over this beauty from 01/1973 ;) 100% made in the USA

I put some boiling water in the old goat 4 hrs ago with no pre heat and the temp has only dropped 12 degrees..Now that's what I'm talking about :s0115: IMG_20150131_170458193_HDR.jpg

Last Edited:
The new ones are made in China. That said, I just bought one because I can't find my old US-made one and I needed one. So far, boiling water goes in a 5AM (no preheat) and the water is still hot enough at 4PM that I can't drink my tea without letting it sit for a while. The water is still warm enough the next morning that a cup of tea would be tolerable.

Keith

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

Used to work heavy construction, one of the blade operators kept his under the hyd mounted seat. The seat pretty much made an oval out of the bottle but it still worked. I bought my first one around 1968 and it was a true vacuum bottle. The new ones look the same but they are foam insulated and really don't keep things hot or cold as well.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member
Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

We ran over ours with the back wheel of the combine, it was dented but still worked. I learned to love hot black coffee from my fathers thermos on those cold October mornings during sugar beet harvest.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top