JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I buy like 3 bottles a year. how much sugar water you drinking. yuk

No sugar, no sweetener of any kind and no color, just good old naturally flavored sparkling berry flavored spring water. Tap water tastes like chlorine this time of year, which is kind of sad since we are at the base of the cascades.

No sugar, no sweetener of any kind and no color, just good old naturally flavored sparkling berry flavored spring water. Tap water tastes like chlorine this time of year, which is kind of sad since we are at the base of the cascades.

All those campers boaters and woods users peeing/pit toilets leaching, into he the water, probably better with chlorine!

There are two that I use, both have little doors that open up when you scan your card.
I also never wait in the line to get inside for bags n tags... just go up to the counter.... whole process, including parking, takes 5 min.
Make your privilege work for ya, bro.

If your location doesn't have the same setup, I'd look for another option... l wouldn't wait around either.

Update, on Sunday I got a text message from Bottle Drop saying that I had achieved my maximum 15 bag limit for the quarter and I have a credit in my account for $32 and some change. So I guess my protest worked, but all that drama for only $32?

Didn't read the whole thread but I drop off my green bags off at Fred Meyers. I don't know if all Fred Meyers accept bottle drop but the one near me does.

I drop my green bags off at one of the 3 Fred Meyer in Hillsboro or Beaverton. I find that if you go in the morning there is an employee by the bottle area, and they will take your bag and put it in the room for the driver to pick up. I have done this several times recently at the FM on TV Highway in Hillsboro. Same thing at the Cornelius Pass store. You can also drop off at Walker Road FM in Beaverton.

I used to take mine to the bottle drop in Forest Grove and put the cans and bottles through the machines, but with the lines now, the green bags are easier. I am willing to pay the small fee for counting my bags to not wait in line any longer. Plus the added 20% credit at any Fred Meyer is another reason not to plug the machines.

If you go to the website, it does tell you what stores you can drop off your green bags at if you don't want to go to the bottle drop centers.

If you take the time to figure a few things out, it is not all that bad.

I used to work for OBRC, and trust me you don't want to work there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

Last Edited:
We used to fill up two large lawn bags and my son would redeem them and got around $30.00. Heck, that is a case of beer. We stopped because of Covid and the possible exposure at the redemption place. My wife recently donated them somewhere, but I don't remember where. Maybe search online for a worthy charity in your area that could use them.

I'm sure Antifa could use the ammo.

I've got to remain a nay-sayer to this whole program. It seems like a net loss to the entropy of the earth. All the consumers driving around in aid of it, Diesel trucks driving around making pick-ups at con sites, the plastic bags used to corral the material. Remember, China quit taking this stuff, now I read that lots of the plastics wind up going into the landfill anyway from the collection sites. Not to mention the extra human energy that goes into it, including mental energy.

I now realize that when Ore. first started this program in 1972, it was about litter. So the benefit to ecology came about after and became a sustaining mantra. Now that 80% of Oregon residents have curbside recycling, it's pretty redundant to the original intent. But once something gets started .....

I suppose some of this pandemonium is a result of it being a government-mandated program. Well-meaning in the initial concept, but has played out as a flawed enterprise. I still think about how soda pop bottlers and some breweries made this work economically with commercially-oriented bottle reuse systems.

As a child, I would occasionally find and recover a stray deposit bottle. I think when I was a single digit child, the Coke bottle deposit was three cents? Later a nickel, I think. If certain adults were around, it was discouraged. I was told, "Don't pick that up; some (derogatory racial epithet) might've peed in it." Well now. I never questioned that logic at the time, but have thought about it years later. So firstly, why would a person of one race be any more apt to pee into a bottle than another race? Secondly, why would the pee of another race be any nastier than white pee? Handling someone else's pee is nasty no matter who or what they are.

One of my first real payroll jobs as a youth was sorting and racking up returned deposit bottles. My guess is that my job wasn't unique, so if people claim that state-mandated bottle recycling has created jobs, I think some of them were already in existence with commercial bottle reuse. Strangely enough, when I was doing that as a job, nobody ever mentioned the mortal threat to hygiene involved.

What I've seen littering the side of interstate highways are milk and juice jugs containing urine. I assume it to be so, anyway, judging by the color.

Oh, one other thing. I notice liquor bottles and milk jugs are exempt from the deposit law. Don't tell me: The distillers and dairymen had better lobbyists.

The beverage industry has the better lobbyists. If the container isn't returned, the beverage industry consortium gets to keep the deposit. That money is passed on to the retailers that belong to the consortium. This is not the retailer who sold the container and passed on the deposit money, if they are not part of the consortium. This is true even if the container is recycled as scrap, rather than returned through the system.

The unclaimed refunds do not go to the government.

You can cash in aluminum here but I don't bother. Everything eligible goes into the recycling bin. Let someone else pay for the gas, and take their own time...to decide what to do with the recyclables. It ends up SOMEWHERE. That's all I know. :)

Let's say you make one trip a month to recycle. And this trip takes an hour. And maybe out of those 12 trips a year you get fifty bucks. You gonna drive around town for twelve hours each year just because you can make fifty bucks? Not worth it. Let the trash guys/recycle truck guys haul that crap away.

Next time I'll put an add on facebook for 5cents a bottle, if that doesn't work I will throw the bottles in the trash, not the recycling bin. Rant over.
Don't count your bets.
I had about $80 worth of bottles I offered up on the computer in a Fakebook or CraigsLame for $20 and nobody wanted them.

They all wanted to cash them in and then pay me. Pff.f.. yeah right. My dollar value is clear and evident, you returning is not a guarantee.

Sure, you leave me $50, when you return I'll pay you the remaining $30 I owe you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top