JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You'll have to click on the picture so its not so blurry. So far, because of this post, he will have my vote if hes on the Ballot for Oregon Governor.
ECA56AA2-F905-4DE9-958A-2F6F3F2D294B.png

227C6520-18FD-4AE7-BF29-3DD2E2C1B79E.png

Hot damn if he can defeat Queen Kate's successor for the big seat that would be huge. He's done well by the city of Sandy, he'd do right by Oregon. If Oregon could reverse course and begin fixing the last three and a half decades of one-party rule I could visit my birth state again!

I'd be more impressed if he could show a pic of himself in a more 'traditional' shooting setting such as outdoors, target shooting, hunting etc. as opposed to shooting in some stale, pale white indoor range and saying, 'This is me, learning to shoot. I hope to be a proud gun owner in the NEAR FUTURE'

Near future? So he isn't a 'proud gun owner' already ? I see this as nothing more than political 'pandering'.

Maybe Its time for me to exercise my long overdue political aspirations and make a run for Governor of Oregon....

This is where I would promote my 'proud gun owner' pics from - and probably a lot of my campaign pics from as well.

A1.jpeg

Last Edited:
Good to see! While some may take this as "pandering," I really don't see it that way. My reasoning being that running on the 2nd Amendment as a platform is not politically expedient, especially in Oregon. The types of voters that a Republican candidate needs to win in Oregon are likely going to be indifferent to someone's 2A stance.

Likewise, the traditional base of voters are typically going to vote for the Republican anyway, assuming they at least state they are 2A friendly and are not gun-grabbers.

Regardless of his motive, I am glad he is making the Second Amendment central to his platform, even if it does little to increase his political chances!

Except he probably doesn't own it - read his post - he said he 'hopes to be a proud gun owner in the near future' - so I interpret this as him not owning any guns currently.
Sure, he does not own the weapon but he's training with it and I like 1911's, hence my comment. I also give him credit for choosing to support the 2nd amendment, and make it publicly known.

Good to see! While some may take this as "pandering," I really don't see it that way.
My point is I would have more respect in a candidate if he/she could show some 'time in grade' with regard to the 'platform' they are running on - as opposed to a 'I HOPE to be'

'Hope to be' - what stopping you and why 'HOPE' ? Maybe have some reservations about it?

Sorry but I don't get 'giddy' over someone who calls themselves 'Pro 2 A' - especially a political candidate - and then displays an obvious 'newness' to the discipline.

My point is I would have more respect in a candidate if he/she could show some 'time in grade' with regard to the 'platform' they are running on - as opposed to a 'I HOPE to be'

'Hope to be' - what stopping you and why 'HOPE' ? Maybe have some reservations about it?

Sorry but I don't get 'giddy' over someone who calls themselves 'Pro 2 A' - especially a political candidate - and then displays an obvious 'newness' to the discipline.
We are a tough crowd . That's a fact

I'd be more impressed if he could show a pic of himself in a more 'traditional' shooting setting such as outdoors, target shooting, hunting etc. as opposed to shooting in some stale, pale white indoor range and saying, 'This is me, learning to shoot. I hope to be a proud gun owner in the NEAR FUTURE'

Near future? So he isn't a 'proud gun owner' already ? I see this as nothing more than political 'pandering'.
Heh, if this is you reason to keep voting for Comrade Kate and her kind then so be it. I for one am glad to see someone "pandering" to me for a change intead of calling me names and trying to subjugate me.

Heh, if this is you reason to keep voting for Comrade Kate
I have NEVER voted for 'Comrade Kate' - or ANY Oregon Democratic candidate !

If my only choice was between this guy and the others I would no doubt vote for him.

I am simply saying I prefer a bit more verifiable, long term dedication to the 2A (or any conservative platform) than someone who 'hopes' to be a gun owner and seems to be using it as nothing more than an attention getting stratigy.

Except he probably doesn't own it - read his post - he said he 'hopes to be a proud gun owner in the near future' - so I interpret this as him not owning any guns currently.
not all 2nd ammendment supporters own guns. you can support the 2nd and not own guns. many members here didnt own guns before joining this site yet supported 2A

You have a better idea for a viable candidate? Good lord there's no pleasing some people. I'm beyond excited that a real candidate is actually showing support to the 2A via MSM/SM. That doesn't happen very often.

I don't equate membership of this 'site' (or any) as requisite to supporting the 2A.

Many people have been gun owners, and supported the 2A LONG before the internet.
I would venture that besides the occasional troll, our membership is 100% pro 2A. The FEW that aren't show their true colors fast enough.

And less and less people have been gun owners and supporters before the internet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top