JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The XD40 (4") was the first pistol I bought once I turned 21. Good gun, is it my favorite? No. I would have to say the Sig P226 was my favorite... but I will hang on to it.

Now I am looking at a XD9 or XDM9... I like their ergonomics more than Glock.

I have a Glock 19, an XD40 and an XD45. I like the XD's, but man, are they heavy. I like the ergonomics of the Glock, but the multiple safety features on the XD's. My XD40 tactical is actually up for trade on a few other forums.

I have an XD-40SC bi-tone that I really like. It is a great shooter...although it has been pushed out of my carry lineup by my new Glock 33 to which I just added night sights and a stainless slide. :)

Got a Springfield XD-45 Tactical with a surefire X200 attached next to the bed 24/7.

I love the gun, I just wish the finish was a little better...other than that, it's perfect. It is a great balance of mag capacity, weight, price, and is very well made. It has more features than any other gun on the market...I was looking at a S&W M&P the other day and I can't believe that they still make pistols with magazine safeties (BLEH!). The XD has a chaamber indicator and a cocking indicator...it's a great gun!

I like my XD40, good balance of features, durability, accuracy, ergonomics and price. I have a threaded Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel (for when I get my SWR Trident 9 suppressor) so I have been using that mostly lately. I find that with the 4.75" barrel in 9mm the pistol is quite a bit more accurate.:s0155:

i agree its kinda heavy but i like everything about it.
i guess this is a good reason i dont see alot of talk about them,everybody likes them.
whats the best deal on round anyone has found,i buy 250 rem. for $85 at bi-mart

I have a couple of XD's - one sub-compact, on regular XDM, both in 9mm. I really like both of them. I initially bought the sub-compact as my concealed carry gun, but it's a little larger/bulkier than my Glock, so I carry the Glock.

Great pistols.
I have an XD in .45 that I use for 3-gun. It's a great shooter. I've also done several trigger jobs using the Springer Precision and Powder River Precision parts. The ergonomics of the XD are great for me...the Glocks and Sigs, not so much. I shot a friends Sig last weekend and I was amazed at how mushy and long-in-the-pull the trigger felt....yuck.
To each their own I guess.
Cheers.
Jorge

PS- No way would I CC the XD...I've got an S&W 360 in .357 that I use for that.

I've never owned one but have tried a couple different ones out.

XD9 Subcompact:

Loved it! Good shooter especially for it's size. It really surprised me how comfortable and easy it was to shoot. Functioned flawlessly!

XDM40 fullsize:

Okay, but it didn't grab me like the subcompact 9mm. Functioned flawlessly! First time I've shot a 40 as well so it may be that I just don't like flippy flip 40 sw. What can I say I love my heavy 1911 45's to much I guess.

I bought an xd .45 service model about 9 months ago and love it. I won't CC it tho when i get my chl it my carry will be a sig P5 just because it much more compact.

I've got an XD .45 service model with stainless slide. I trust it in .45, but my favorite is 9mm, so I'm a Glock guy. i wouldn't get a .45 glock, which is why i got the XD, but I'm gonna sell it. It's REALLY accurate, no feeding problems, but after 100 rounds, I still love my 9mm Glocks. .45 is for 1911's imo, and love my Kimber- My Kimber and Glocks... :D Everyone that likes the XD, I totally understand. Awesome guns, but I grew up on glocks, and just like 'em more.
I don't like the grip safety or the trigger compared to my Glocks, but it shoots and performs just fine. Accuracy is spot on too. I was pretty impressed with the XD, and can honestly say I wasn't expecting much, but it really impressed me.
:s0155:

the only xd I would own is a xd9 sub compact. Its the smallest "large" gun (read as double stack gun that I can get all fingers on the grip) that shoots well for me. Unfortunately, I ccw every day a kahr p9 or s&w j-frame when clothing makes it hard. sometimes I use a g35 or 1911 when I have better cover garment. Would assume that the next pistol I buy will be a xd9 sub compact. But I got to say, the slide profile on the xds seems really chunky. Anyone recommend a gunsmith to work on the trigger (shortening the reset and cleaning up the break)?

the only xd I would own is a xd9 sub compact. Its the smallest "large" gun (read as double stack gun that I can get all fingers on the grip) that shoots well for me. Unfortunately, I ccw every day a kahr p9 or s&w j-frame when clothing makes it hard. sometimes I use a g35 or 1911 when I have better cover garment. Would assume that the next pistol I buy will be a xd9 sub compact. But I got to say, the slide profile on the xds seems really chunky. Anyone recommend a gunsmith to work on the trigger (shortening the reset and cleaning up the break)?

I would agree that the slide profile is chunky. Almost the same as a Glock (i.e. square). The newer XDm is significantly rounded to fix this, but at this time they are only available in a full size 9 or .40 gun.

For the gunsmith, I would recommend Canyon Creek. He did mine and it is MUCH improved. It will never be a 1911 due to the way the trigger/mechanism works, but it can be cleaned up and the reset, overtravel, can be improved.

And while I recommend Canyon Creek, some people also prefer Springer Precision.

<broken link removed>

http://www.springerprecision.com/

I would agree that the slide profile is chunky. Almost the same as a Glock (i.e. square). The newer XDm is significantly rounded to fix this, but at this time they are only available in a full size 9 or .40 gun.

For the gunsmith, I would recommend Canyon Creek. He did mine and it is MUCH improved. It will never be a 1911 due to the way the trigger/mechanism works, but it can be cleaned up and the reset, overtravel, can be improved.

And while I recommend Canyon Creek, some people also prefer Springer Precision.

<broken link removed>

http://www.springerprecision.com/

There is also <broken link removed>

Like he said, not a 1911 trigger, but much better than stock XD

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class