JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone,
I recently got my XD-S Mod.2 OSP and although it comes with a red dot I like to run night sights on all of my guns! My confusion comes when choosing the right size sights to fix the XD-S Mod. 2 OSP. When I search Its hard to find any that are actually built specifically for that model. I've heard some people say Regular XD sights will fit the XDS mod.2 I honestly have no clue. I'm just curious if anyone happens to know the answer or has ran into the same problem. Im also taking any recommendations for any shops with reasonable sight prices that will install and or a place that has reasonable installation prices on sights. I was looking at some night fusion sights was wondering if these would fit my model any information would be helpful thanks! Worst case scenario I wait till Monday and see if I can get ahold of someone at Springfield. Thanks guys Happy holiday!

0969D4FA-EEA3-4FC3-BCB1-BB35630B540F.jpeg 7A86D65C-AEB0-4D35-BF4E-28E06D5A8899.jpeg

I'm just curious if anyone happens to know the answer or has ran into the same problem.
Yes, any time you change out a factory sight you will run into this issue. The only place that can tell you is the manufacturer... and Id easily guess they cannot tell you if 3rd party sights will work unless they use them on their guns.

What I've done successfully... is taken a chance. But I own some calipers to accurately measure the sight heights (rear sights are tricky though)... but then there is always a gamble the dovetail wont fit if the gun manufacturer screwed up and cut the dovetail oversize. I lost that particular gamble on two different pistols including one very high end brand (there's no excuse for that) and dont let them tell you to rely on set screws, an oversized dovetail is a manufacturing defect.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top