JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As some of you may know, I like AR's. I got my first one in 1997. It was a Bushmaster A2 with a fixed carry handle and pinned "collapsible" type stock. At the time I think Colt, Bushmaster and Olympic Arms were pretty much the only manufactures to make AR's for the civilian world. Colt and Bushmaster both had government contracts to supply weapons to the military. Anyway, it was post-ban blah blah with the pinned muzzle break, no bayonet lug and the other restrictions. I've owned many since then and somewhat recently started building my own. That being said, the market is so over saturated with black rifles and just days away from the elections I can't figure out for the life of me why this plain-jane AR was worth it to Springfield to market it like it has. IMHO, Springfield would have been better spending all that money on something truly new and unique. But another off-the-shelf-AR? I mean, their XD series is a hot seller....another one they didn't even invent. Ever heard of the HS2000? No? HS2000 - Wikipedia

These rifles are marketed to the first or second time AR buyer. The price point is entry level and the quality is likely higher than other rifles in the same category. In fact, this may even qualify as a duty grade rifle at a budget price.

The market for this type of rifle is the largest buying segment and will help to establish them as a trusted AR manufacturer. I think you will see other variations in time that may be more appealing to other buyers.

Agreed, and it's not that I dislike Springfield at all. But, if you're going to shroud your latest offering in secrets and sweaty girls, make it something people see for the first time and yell "I gotta get one of these!". That's all. Frankly I mentioned early on in this thread about hype and the Ruger American pistol series, but hey at least they actually offered a new (although fairly vanilla) product.

Well I guess the smart thing before the election and the fear of killery getting elected to ban all black rifles, this would be a very smart plan. Put out an AR that is a mid line rifle at the time of the election and have the hype and advertising.

In this evironment with their name being on everyone's tongue, good, bad, or ugly they will make a boat load of sales in a small amount of time that will boost their shares.

Well I guess the smart thing before the election and the fear of killery getting elected to ban all black rifles, this would be a very smart plan. Put out an AR that is a mid line rifle at the time of the election and have the hype and advertising.

In this evironment with their name being on everyone's tongue, good, bad, or ugly they will make a boat load of sales in a small amount of time that will boost their shares.

Yeah, I'm sure you are right about this. Seems like such a narrow window to expect cash to fit through no?

Agreed, and it's not that I dislike Springfield at all. But, if you're going to shroud your latest offering in secrets and sweaty girls, make it something people see for the first time and yell "I gotta get one of these!". That's all. Frankly I mentioned early on in this thread about hype and the Ruger American pistol series, but hey at least they actually offered a new (although fairly vanilla) product.

The marketing hype was rediculous. I like the rifle but not the huge SAINT on the lower,and they should have saved the campaign for the next one.

Not gonna lie, I was hoping for something like the VHS-2. They already import their XDs from Croatia.

Wish it was a Daewoo k2 Copy.
I don't think you could understand how much I wish that was the case. But I'll make one change to that, wish they'd be importable, without the loops that make it less appealing to do so.

All this build up... for an AR? Looks pretty stock to me. For how mysterious SA kept the Saint, I thought it was going to be this great, legendary, innovative thing that would have me shooting straighter, living longer, and that owning one would make my John Thomas ten inches long. I, for one, am disappointed. Seems pretty anticlimactic to me.

From what I understand, SAINT is not just this rifle but a new line of firearms they are introducing. The rifle, itself, would be a great deal at $800 which is where the street price will probably wind up.

Yes, there are cheaper AR's out there, but they aren't all created equal. The Saint AR is made from the right stuff including a really nice trigger. If SA is assembling properly (correct assembly lubricants, torques, staking) its WAY ahead of other rifles at this price point.

Time will tell as to how good this rifle is, but even after 30 odd pages in the thread at m4, all the Colt fan boys can cry about is a melonited as opposed to chrome lined bore and no little horsey roll mark on the lower.

Last Edited: