JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually, that was a pretty funny post, I remember getting out first color TV, I was in grade school, way back 49 years ago, October 1966... It was quite the big deal...

Remember the commercials where they would show you how great the picture on a new TV, never mind you were looking at the new TV on your old one...

CEO - Guys sales are up, but, we need to take advantage of this election better. What's the number one gun on the lefts agenda?

CMO - I got this!

Plant manager talking to plant employees - $20 bucks we'll be making ARs now.

Customer - All this hype and you didn't even add the thingy that goes up.

Got our first Color T.V. in 1980, Just in time to watch Mt St Helens blow! Folk's didn't see any reason to buy a new set when the old one ( 13 inch) worked just fine! When we finally did get a new one, it was a whoppin monster 20 inch with sterio sound!!! Man, them Saturday cartoons were awesome in color! LOL

So I read the linked in-depth review. And the writer made sure to point out that the new hand guards actually had REAL heat shields. Like it was a new idea. My first AR I bought in 1998 had them. In fact I think I still have them somewhere.....

"I was happy to see heat shielding was built in, something I have never had outside of the military. The heat shielding actually works too."

:rolleyes:

At least they actually put a Mid gas system on it... for some reason many shops only want to do Carbine on a 16" barrel, and when you ask if you can get a Mid they react like you'd accused them of having Something Else under-size, if you get my drift. ;)

ohh another AR! Im so excited for this one over the millions of others!

haha joking aside im sure its a nice gun.
Ohh another 1911!
Ohh another polymer pistol!
Ohh another revolver!
and the list goes on..... It had to be something
I know it does not match the hype..... They could have released a 380 or a 10 MM and made me happier. I am AR poor and do not need another, but at least this is a good value.

That will change as they get more of them in the market. G&R Tactical has said on the m4 forum that they will be carrying them and having looked at the pricing info will have them at $800 or less.

I'll pass on buying one. I like building my own, even though it costs more I like to choose the parts that go into my ar.

Who are they intending to compete with? Less expensive than a Colt but probably also a little short in quality. Priced at $899 right now, too expensive to directly compete with the Ruger AR and the S&W Sport in my opinion. Initial pricing will likely come down once the new car smell wears off and more units are put on the shelves, although that *may* change after the election.

Looks like a nice new tool, though. Priced in the $700 - $750 range this might be very appealing to a lot of buyers and cut into the S&W/Ruger market. I do like SA products - this is likely very well built with quality parts.

So, I got a new M1A Loaded. It's a beautiful rifle. I love everything about it.

But I've got a question on the stock, it's not something I've personally run into before, so I'm hoping some of you folks might have some ideas. To date, all wood stock guns I've bought came either finished with something like a polyurethane finish, glossy or semi gloss, or the wood was already well worn in, such as the case with say an old Mosin or Garand, for example. This stock is different. It feels like it's almost not quite finished. In fact, there is dust on the stock, such as what would be left behind from a final sanding as you're refinishing a stock.

It feels almost like a final coat of finish/stain was applied, let dry, and the grain has raised, but no final sanding coat was done to smooth it down. There's kind of a 'fuzz' on the wood. It almost feels like it might need a finish coat of oil of some sort to help seal the wood as well.

Maybe I just haven't bought enough guns of this type, but I'm not sure how I should proceed. I've finished wood before, so I'm comfortable with the process, but I don't want to mess up the finish on this stock - I like the color/finish, but it's just that it feels unfinished. I'm tempted to consider taking a very fine grain sandpaper over the surface, maybe even work in a little oil to help seal the pores in the wood. But I'm going to hold off until I get some input.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Do something to it? Or leave it alone and be happy?

If you look at the photos below, you can see some of the 'fuzz' that came on the stock:

View attachment 320195 View attachment 320196

Well. At least with an AR we won't have to worry about the quality of the wood finish. :D

Sorry etrain16. :s0124:

Well. At least with an AR we won't have to worry about the quality of the wood finish. :D

Sorry etrain16. :s0124:
Or so you think.

grpshot_copy.jpg