JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These are a neat musket...
I have a mostly original one.
The lock is from 1808...and the furniture is original as well.
The stock , barrel , and ramrod are from a Navy Arms "Charleville" replica.
Here it is in action....
Andy
P1130865.JPG

That musket shown above was one of the best buys ever , for me at least.
I was at a black powder gun show a few years ago...and bought a used Nary Arms musket.
The Musket was well maintained internally...but the outside was kinda rough...in any event it was a cheap enough project gun buy at $300.

The next day at the show...I walk past a table that had gun parts....both new and antique.....
I see a box with original 1795 Musket parts...all original and not messed with...the lock is what caught my eye with the 1808 date.
How much I ask...?
The seller looks at the box , thinks a moment , and says "$40 bucks"....
I 'bout damn near tore my pocket , gettin' my wallet out so fast.

I took the Navy Arms Musket down....and prettied up the stock...all of the original parts...
The lock and furniture were a simple drop in fit.

I sold the Navy Arms lock and furniture at our next club meet , for $40...not a bad deal on a somewhat original musket.

The original 1795 Muskets were based on the French "Charleville" Muskets we used late in our Revolutionary War...they were also used in our Westward expansion movement , by guys like Lewis , Clark and company.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads