JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These are a neat musket...
I have a mostly original one.
The lock is from 1808...and the furniture is original as well.
The stock , barrel , and ramrod are from a Navy Arms "Charleville" replica.
Here it is in action....
Andy
P1130865.JPG

That musket shown above was one of the best buys ever , for me at least.
I was at a black powder gun show a few years ago...and bought a used Nary Arms musket.
The Musket was well maintained internally...but the outside was kinda rough...in any event it was a cheap enough project gun buy at $300.

The next day at the show...I walk past a table that had gun parts....both new and antique.....
I see a box with original 1795 Musket parts...all original and not messed with...the lock is what caught my eye with the 1808 date.
How much I ask...?
The seller looks at the box , thinks a moment , and says "$40 bucks"....
I 'bout damn near tore my pocket , gettin' my wallet out so fast.

I took the Navy Arms Musket down....and prettied up the stock...all of the original parts...
The lock and furniture were a simple drop in fit.

I sold the Navy Arms lock and furniture at our next club meet , for $40...not a bad deal on a somewhat original musket.

The original 1795 Muskets were based on the French "Charleville" Muskets we used late in our Revolutionary War...they were also used in our Westward expansion movement , by guys like Lewis , Clark and company.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top