JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been looking at these as a hopefull for a lighter carry weapon. I held one in one hand and my 1911 defender in the other. Oddly enough the
XD was maybe a scoche heavier. With it being alittle heavier and wider profile. I am sticking with the 1911. Just cant beat the slim profile and the
single action trigger pull.

I have been looking at these as a hopefull for a lighter carry weapon. I held one in one hand and my 1911 defender in the other. Oddly enough the
XD was maybe a scoche heavier. With it being alittle heavier and wider profile. I am sticking with the 1911. Just cant beat the slim profile and the
single action trigger pull.

Where did you manage to handle one of these already..?

This is the XD I've always wanted and didn't know it yet.

(just read that its only a 5 round mag), that's a bummer. Plus, it appears that it has one of those hideous mile long loaded chamber indicators on top of the slide (like the LC9).:s0154:

Last Edited:
Stupid they're only offering it in 45, it should be offered in 9 and 40 out the gate.

They are missing out on the single stack compact market enjoyed by Ruger, Kahr, Keltec, and even Kimber and Sig now.

Stupid they're only offering it in 45, it should be offered in 9 and 40 out the gate.

They are missing out on the single stack compact market enjoyed by Ruger, Kahr, Keltec, and even Kimber and Sig now.

I started a thread on this gun in the handgun forum a few days back. Springfield says they're planning 9 & 40 offerings soon - but the initial release is .45 (because I guess they figure that's what people want, since when they release a 9 or .40 first, the clamour is always for the same gun in .45ACP?)

Neat little guns. 29 ounce seems heavy for a gun it's size, but that's still less than the same size gun in steel. When the 9mm versions come out, I might get one for a backup gun to my G19 (yes, yes I know the G26 would be a better match given interchangability of mags etc - but if I get something smaller than the 19, I really want smaller - thinner & shorter, not just shorter)

I don't think springfield will take long to get the 9/40's on the market if the .45 is well received.

Problem I have found with the XDm line v's Glocks is that they seem to be top heavy and the overall weight is more. Very nice firearm and super accurate,

that seems to be a common thing with polymer framed guns though - I can't think of a poly framed gun that *doesnt* feel top heavy when it's not fully loaded. They just won't balance the same as say, a 1911 or a classic Sig, unless you do something like installing a "seattle slug" (which, IIRC, are only available for Glocks at the moment). But then you make your light weight polymer gun heavier.

I've always wanted a PPS.But thought a little pricey.l wonder what this will go for?
I don't have a problem with capacity. .....rather I would like a 4"-4.5" barrel. I don't have a problem hiding that part.
I think if you can't get the job done in 6rd you got bigger "issues. "LOL!

It would be kinda cool to see a mid or full size single stack XD-s - but I doubt they will. That'd be almost a direct competitor to their 1911 line - how many people would opt for the entry level 1911's if the XD-S came in a full size 7 or 8 round gun, at least those who aren't die hard 1911 fans, or those specifically wanting a 1911?

Still a cool gun. Also, SG - don't they already make a sub compact .45 XD that holds 7 or 8 rounds in a double stack mag?

I have an XDM 3.8 "Compact". The XDS is CONSIDERABLY shorter. More along the lines of a XD SC... Its noticeable when carrying IWB, hence my comment on my wish ;O)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top