JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One thing that is nice is that where we live it's super dry

Ya that's a big bonus! But there are other issues that can happen in the heat like not having the natural convection of heat rising and new air being sucked in from below causing it to basically just sit there and eventually heat up the conditioned area. But it's definitely more of a issue with moisture. One time I seen a attic freeze from so much moisture in the attic from improper ventilation. It looked like a winter wonderland. Lol
Stacy

Ya that's a big bonus! But there are other issues that can happen in the heat like not having the natural convection of heat rising and new air being sucked in from below causing it to basically just sit there and eventually heat up the conditioned area. But it's definitely more of a issue with moisture. One time I seen a attic freeze from so much moisture in the attic from improper ventilation. It looked like a winter wonderland. Lol
Stacy
Went to Home Depot at 6am today. Saw a guy that had a load of supplies. I said you look like a contractor. He's like yea unfortunately. I asked about the stuff you mentioned And he says where are you from? Like why would I worry about the attic breathing. I expected him to say are you from
Cali? Um no!! I'm thinking I come from a state that knows how to build a home. Oregon. Idaho contractors suck!! No concept of codes.

Went to Home Depot at 6am today. Saw a guy that had a load of supplies. I said you look like a contractor. He's like yea unfortunately. I asked about the stuff you mentioned And he says where are you from? Like why would I worry about the attic breathing. I expected him to say are you from
Cali? Um no!! I'm thinking I come from a state that knows how to build a home. Oregon. Idaho contractors suck!! No concept of codes.

It's a important part of building science! He obviously doesn't have a clue and is probably one of those that people later regret hiring!!!:confused:
Stacy

Well I hate installing insulation.

One of my least favorite building trade tasks.

It's a important part of building science!

Good building ventilation is a must no matter where you live. Even a car port needs good ventilation.

I worked on a project around here last year that involved insulation. I was amazed at how much insulation batts cost these days.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top