JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unfortunately I think this is kind of like finding a Unicorn. People say they have seen them, but no one has any proof.

You could try to find a high end one used, or save up more, or buy one you can afford knowing you will have to eventually sell it and upgrade.

Just don't look through expensive glass, you will be never happy with lower end glasses.

Nikon is decent, check on Craigslist time to time.

I'm in the same boat...been looking for a decent deal on a spotting scope.......for 4 years now. I want to be able to see .224 caliber holes @ 200 yards. Am I asking too much to find something decent for <$200?

I'm in the same boat...been looking for a decent deal on a spotting scope.......for 4 years now. I want to be able to see .224 caliber holes @ 200 yards. Am I asking too much to find something decent for <$200?
I would almost bet that the one I referred to above would work easily up to 200 yards without problems, now I have not used it at that distance but I am very doubtful that the view would fall that sharply going from 100 to 200 yards.

I had a Leupold Sequoia 15-45x. Turns out it was made in China with the Leupold brand name. Mediocre performance, horrid eye relief, even at 200 yards it was almost impossible to see .223 holes.

Upgraded to a Bushnell Elite HD 20-60x with a proper photography tripod. Now I can see clearly see .223 holes at 300 yards. Total price was $480.

I have one like RE linked you too. I have not used it a ton and actually has been a while since I have.

If you are shooting at the right colors you can see .223 holes at 200. If your target has black it can be almost impossible to see the hole. For the under $100 I am happy with it. I just dont use one enough to justify the more expensive ones.

Alpens are good. I can see bullet holes @ 400 yards.

A lot depends on your eyes as you could have 10 people look and some will see less and some more.

But my Allen is just as good as my Zeiss.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top