JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Witnesses at the scene say there was a physical altercation involving a man beating a woman. A Good Samaritan intervened to stop the assault on the woman and the man turned on him. The Good Samaritan pulled out a weapon and reportedly shot him."

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/one-man-shot-another-jailed-in-east-spokane-shooting/34277514

I gotta say, legally this guy will be cleared as its obvious he was acting to prevent imminent bodily harm to him or someone else, so I really cant see the prosecutor hassling him but as someone who almost always carries, it would have to be pretty bad for me to intervene more than calling 911. The risks are too great for something bad to happen.

I have intervened before, and did not even need to pull from my holster, the mere sight of my Ruger Security Six, sent BG Running, Victim, did not Get to know I what I did to cause the intervention, as I covered back up (liwered my winter coat) THAT FAST. She did realize that she was not Alone, when I coughed, and asked her what was going on with the ~Dude~

Point is, INTEVENTION, is Stopping the ACTION. Calling 911 you might as well ask for the meat Wagon, she would be toast by the time OFFICIALS get there.

We, As American Patriots, need to remember, just Exactly what the Militia was, and is....

I refer NOT, to vigilantly type items, go hang 'em, BUT rather, Protection of the Innocent.

I would have gone to Phase Two, that fast... "smile for the FLASH"!!!!!

philip, BTDT, Will do it again, in a Heart Beat, cause that is how long they have....

Domestic violence cases are nasty, confusing and volatile. Oftentimes both parties are intoxicated, and intervening will often cause the victim to come to the defense of her abuser due to the sick and dysfunctional nature of their relationship. As a civilian, I would definitely keep my distance and call 911 first, and intervene with my firearm only as an absolute last resort when it became apparent that the abuser had no intention of stopping the beating and the victim was in imminent danger of being killed or maimed. Jumping headfirst into a situation that I know nothing about and am not trained or equipped to deal with is not heroism, it is stupidity.

If someone is wailing on a woman to the point that intervention is needed.... you think calling the police is going to do the trick? He's gonna bash her face in now, not 6 to 24 minutes from now.

Two guys beating each other of similar size: leave alone

Beefy dyke woman wailing on a Mr Rogers man: *ahem* you need to reassess what you are doing

Same with a dude wailing on a woman. I mean if she is straight up trading blow for blow and it looks mutual I'll probably say something.

But I assume what we are talking about here is a man wailing on a woman and is overpowering her etc. not mutual and not of similar abilities....

Hell yes i would intervene. I have a soft spot for women. Hell I married one.

Men are larger for a reason; to protect, not abuse.

Like I said, it would have to be pretty bad. If it looks like the lights are about to go out I'll step in.

I may be painting with a broad brush here but this is not the best part of town so there is a pretty good chance that they are drug addicts. There is a pretty good chance this is a daily occurrence and there is a pretty good chance she is already shacked up with her next abuser. So it would have to be pretty bad for me to play captain save a ho and risk my kids growing up without a dad.

I'll call the cops for you. I've heard too many stories of the abused turning on the good samaritan. The risks are too high, I carry for my protection and the protection of my loved ones. If you choose to be unprepared, you reap what you sow.

All you that say you would jump right in,you do realize a cop would rather go to a shooting than a domestic violence call?
I would bet it wasn't the first time he hit her or she hit him.Like stated before,probably a daily occurrence.
If he would have asked her she probably would have told him to piss off.Which is obvious if she was with the man in advancing toward the shooter

All you that say you would jump right in,you do realize a cop would rather go to a shooting than a domestic violence call?
I would bet it wasn't the first time he hit her or she hit him.Like stated before,probably a daily occurrence.
If he would have asked her she probably would have told him to piss off.Which is obvious if she was with the man in advancing toward the shooter
YUP!!! DV calls are the worst type of a call a law officer has to address.
As mentioned it often end up with both parties turning on the cop.
Intervening into a unknown situation is never good. Call 911 and be a good witness. ONLY when it apparent that one party needs help badly enough to survive should you intervene. IT'S tough to watch, but safer for you and your family will see you come home. You never know what your going to have to deal with.

I cant find a link but the local news just reported that the shooter is 27 yo veteran, Edward Bushnell and he was arrested because he left the scene and then came back and shot the guy so the threat was over when he left.

Good luck getting a jury to convict. The guy still should have went on with his business.

Last Edited:
Follow up.

1 - Police don't like compitition, or
2 - Early reports are rarely complete

Our "hero" has been charged with murder.

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-ne...e-incident-now-facing-murder-charges/34305354

"The defendant retrieved a handgun from a backpack, made the decision to go after Poindexter, who had walked a short distance away, and fired three shots at Poindexter. Two of the rounds struck Poindexter in the back," Wohl said.

Shot in the back, he's done....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top