JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@spookshack

Note Stage 3 top - vs Stage 2 bottom = same
Code:
Shield
Stage                   Stage Time      AVG / 4 strings
Stage 1 4T 5                 25.13     6.2825
Stage 2 Dark Alley           41.16    10.29
Stage 3 Eeny-Meany Miny-     34.59     8.6475
Stage 4 4 Corners            40.33    10.0825
Stage 5 Speed Option         46.62    11.655
Stage 6 Fast Rack            24.49     6.1225

M&P Pro   5in.

Stage                    Stage Time      AVG / 4 strings
Stage 1 Pain                       35.8     8.95
Stage 2 Eeny Meeny Miny Mo         24.21    6.0525
Stage 3 Pick It Up                 28.01    7.0025
Stage 4 7                          25.12    6.28
Stage 5 Far & Away                 32.31    8.0775
Stage 6 Blaze Of Glory             30.12    7.53

Some of the improvement comes from not being all bundled up against the weather.

My 2 current goals are go 5sec / string.
and Go clean 5 shots/ string

For those wondering - to be "good" you need to avg sub 2 seconds.
In March with my shield I was 14th of 16
In April I was 15th of 23.

Last Edited:
@spookshack I am running a Tanfoglio Stock II. I sold my CZ SP-01 when I got a good deal on a local Stock II. This is the 3rd Speed Steel I've had gun issues with. My VQ .22 was giving me fits a couple months ago, then last month I brought my dad and used my 10/22 which had crazy feed issues with the ruger BX-25 mags. Now today, with the new gun, the most I could get is 5 good rounds in a row before a FTE. I had a couple good runs, some 5.0sec runs, but it always ended up messy when I had those FTE's on every stage.

I searched forums and Brian Enos page between shoots and determined it probably was the extractor. I already have the extra power extractor spring installed. A couple people reported similar issues with a unpolished extractor. So that's what I thought.

Then, on the 5/6 stage, I ran out of the Blazer Brass 9mm 115gr I bought that morning, and moved to an older box of Blazer steel cased 115gr. After that string I realized those all feed without issue. So, on the last stage, bay 8, I only loaded those steel cased rounds. Yup, sure enough, every. single. round. fed. perfectly.

So, after a bit more research, I found that, for some reason, Blazer Brass has an issue with many Tanfoglio shooters. So, I posted up on Brian Enos to confirm, and so far most agree.... stop using blazer ammo or blazer brass. So come Man of Steel, I will be strictly using my own reloads. Watch out. With 3 months of disappointing matches... I might be back with a vengeance! :D:p:D:D:D

I see that I was about the same finish place in both months, 14 & 15. So I thought, that could mean I am being beaten by the same 13-14 people.

Nope - 25 folks beat me. Only 2 in both months.

I guess that means I look forward to 50th place at MoS.

In March, in my division - Limited = Centerfire pistol with Iron sights.
The 1st place shooter was less than half my time
100 second total for match
vs my 212.

In April
Frank went 112 seconds
I was at 175
The very fastest shooter in April
was, surprise </sarcasm>, Ryan at 59 seconds. (59.50)
Ryan drives a 22 pistol with an Optic.
The next 2 finishers shot 22 Carbines, then a PCC.

Noticed the results online and have a question you may be able to answer. Under class I noticed on some names is says class or an U what does the U stand for? Thank you
I don't totally understand it myself. U means unclassified, and as far as I know, no one is classified. So I don't know why some say "class" instead of "U".
I think if it's a shooter's 1st match, it says "class". So for those of you that came out today and it was your 1st time, what does it say by your name?

The PractiScore software accommodates (official) Steel Challenge matches. We use it for our (non Steel Challenge) match. Some of the information displayed in the match results (for our match) isn't used by us: "Number" (membership number for IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, etc.), and "Class" (classification within a certain organization and equipment division) come to mind, and I ignore both. It does appear that the software attaches "class" to newly entered (not previously in our database) names/participants, and automatically changes that to "U" for returning participants.

The PractiScore software accommodates (official) Steel Challenge matches. We use it for our (non Steel Challenge) match. Some of the information displayed in the match results (for our match) isn't used by us: "Number" (membership number for IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, etc.), and "Class" (classification within a certain organization and equipment division) come to mind, and I ignore both. It does appear that the software attaches "class" to newly entered (not previously in our database) names/participants, and automatically changes that to "U" for returning participants.
thanks Alex!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top