JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a reminder that tomorrow (1st Sunday of every month) is Speed Steel at Tri-County Gun Club.
Open to all...bring any .22 cal rimfire (rifle or handgun), or any pistol-caliber handgun or carbine, 5 magazines or more, ear and eye protection, and plenty of ammo (200+ rifle, maybe 300 handgun).
$12 fee.
If drawing from a holster, it must be OWB. * EDITED...see further posts*
Might be damp, so dress accordingly.
Get there around 8:30-8:45 to sign in. Safety walk-through about 9:00, shooting starts soon after. We usually finish by about 1:00.
Good group of people, and lots of fun.

Last Edited:
Well, good question...
I've just never seen an IWB draw at a match, but I guess that doesn't mean you can't.
If I remember, I'll ask the match director today.
Hope to see you there...

Ok, so I talked with the match director today, he knows of no rule preventing IWB carry, but made a good point; small-of-back carry, and anything approaching the 6:00 position, would basically be breaking the "180 degree" rule, in that a person (the shooter) would be down range of the barrel.
Appendix, or 1:00-2:00 would be allowable though.
Still haven't personally seen IWB at the matches, but one could do it.
In other news, it was a fun match today. Good seeing the 40 or so folks that made it.

It's funny, I shot the distance targets much better than the close up ones.
This whole having to shoot fast (thus the name Speed Steel, duh!) still freaks
me out. I try to go too fast, and then I make mistakes and miss. If I slow down
I actually do better. Thank goodness Bullseye postal league starts up soon!

Congrats to everyone who went and braved the rain.

I was averaging twice my normal string times.
I typically shoot 5 second strings ( good shooters are typically sub 2 seconds, so ... )
But I was closer to 10 today :(

I had to fight down that little voice that said at bay 1, you can't miss (big targets 18x24) at close range. ... I had too many make up shots.

Still had a good time.

Last Edited:
I think it was the second stage where they had two really thick steel plates, the ones that are usually in that bay. Did anyone else have trouble hearing whether those two were hit or not?
They didn't make the high pitched ping sound the others did. Cost me some time because
I wasn't sure I hit them or not.

I think it was the second stage where they had two really thick steel plates, the ones that are usually in that bay. Did anyone else have trouble hearing whether those two were hit or not?
They didn't make the high pitched ping sound the others did. Cost me some time because
I wasn't sure I hit them or not.

Yes, several of us in our squad complained out loud about them too. I was hitting them with my 9 and was thinking I missed them on a few strings...:eek:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top