JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a reminder that tomorrow (1st Sunday of every month) is Speed Steel at Tri-County Gun Club.
Open to all...bring any .22 cal rimfire (rifle or handgun), or any pistol-caliber handgun or carbine, 5 magazines or more, ear and eye protection, and plenty of ammo (200+ rifle, maybe 300 handgun).
$12 fee.
If drawing from a holster, it must be OWB. * EDITED...see further posts*
Might be damp, so dress accordingly.
Get there around 8:30-8:45 to sign in. Safety walk-through about 9:00, shooting starts soon after. We usually finish by about 1:00.
Good group of people, and lots of fu
Just a reminder that tomorrow (1st Sunday of every month) is Speed Steel at Tri-County Gun Club.
Open to all...bring any .22 cal rimfire (rifle or handgun), or any pistol-caliber handgun or carbine, 5 magazines or more, ear and eye protection, and plenty of ammo (200+ rifle, maybe 300 handgun).
$12 fee.
If drawing from a holster, it must be OWB. * EDITED...see further posts*
Might be damp, so dress accordingly.
Get there around 8:30-8:45 to sign in. Safety walk-through about 9:00, shooting starts soon after. We usually finish by about 1:00.
Good group of people, and lots of fun.
Is this open to the public? I have done something similar at DRRC and had a blast..

Ok, so I talked with the match director today, he knows of no rule preventing IWB carry, but made a good point; small-of-back carry, and anything approaching the 6:00 position, would basically be breaking the "180 degree" rule, in that a person (the shooter) would be down range of the barrel.
Appendix, or 1:00-2:00 would be allowable though.
Still haven't personally seen IWB at the matches, but one could do it.
In other news, it was a fun match today. Good seeing the 40 or so folks that made it.

Meridian did a pretty good job (thanks Meridian) communicating important info. I'll offer some additional information.

The TCGC Speed Steel match doesn't prohibit IWB (in the waistband) holster/draws per se. We have several participants who choose to compete this way. It's not common because it's typically a less competitive technique/equipment (vs. OWB holster/draws). We recommend that you declare IWB use at registration, and inform your ROs and squad-mates - simply to prevent any unpleasant surprises.

Safety is a paramount concern - we don't want anyone injured. If one is utilizing IWB at our match, it's required that you've thoroughly practiced the IWB presentation and return to holster motions (prior to coming to our match) and can consistently perform them in a competent and entirely safe manner with all the equipment/clothing employed while at our match. (The same is true of OWB presentation and return to holster, but we recognize that IWB can have a higher risk of complication due to covering garments, additional manipulation required, etc.) IWB presentation and return to holster will be closely observed to confirm safe compliance. All draws/handling/clothing manipulation, etc., must be conducted safely - any unsafe action will result in a DQ (disqualification from the match).

Without passing judgement on holster types, there are some types that are NOT allowed at the TCGC Speed Steel match: SOB (small of back), cross-draw, shoulder holster, ankle holster, pocket holster, purse/bag or off-body carry, etc. are not allowed. Holsters must be strong-side (IWB or OWB), be positioned securely on the belt, and be located between 12:00 and 4:00 (for right hand, or between 8:00 and 12:00 for left hand).

Additional information can be found at orss.org, and questions about the match, rules, etc. can be sent through the "contact us" link on the site.

I hope this info helps.

Best,

ac

IMG_1595.PNG

IMG_1596.PNG

I'd call Oregon Rifle Works in Tigard. I don't know if they have them, but they have a large inventory of different things and their prices are usually reasonable.

I went to Nw Armory this morning and they have mark 3 22/45 mags for 23.99. that's the best I have seen it around so for what its worth i thought i would share.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top