Speed Steel at TCGC, Sunday 10-2

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by Meridian7750, Oct 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Happyshooter

Happyshooter
    Gresham

Is this open to the public? I have done something similar at DRRC and had a blast..

2. akeefer

akeefer
    Canby, OR

Yup. Go to the TCGC site, email the match director Nick Leonard, he'll get you a gate code for that days match. Pay $12 and shoot.

ron, Stangler and Happyshooter like this.
  3. Happyshooter

Happyshooter
    Gresham

Thank you, Akeefer.

4. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal
    Oregon

Did you go, Happyshooter?

5. Happyshooter

Happyshooter
    Gresham

No I never made it out there but one of these days. I will be attending Douglas Ridge Rifle Clubs last one of the season Nov 12th. They put a nice event together, check it out.

6. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal
    Oregon

I've been to several of them but can't make this one :(
    They are a lot of fun.

Happyshooter likes this.
  7. snarlingdog

snarlingdog
    Oregon City, OR
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Really interested in trying this

8. spookshack

spookshack
    Forest Grove, OR
    Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Well, come on out! Next match is Dec. 4th :)

Meridian7750 and NWGlockgal like this.
  9. ac4wordplay

ac4wordplay
    Oregon

Meridian did a pretty good job (thanks Meridian) communicating important info. I'll offer some additional information.

The TCGC Speed Steel match doesn't prohibit IWB (in the waistband) holster/draws per se. We have several participants who choose to compete this way. It's not common because it's typically a less competitive technique/equipment (vs. OWB holster/draws). We recommend that you declare IWB use at registration, and inform your ROs and squad-mates - simply to prevent any unpleasant surprises.

Safety is a paramount concern - we don't want anyone injured. If one is utilizing IWB at our match, it's required that you've thoroughly practiced the IWB presentation and return to holster motions (prior to coming to our match) and can consistently perform them in a competent and entirely safe manner with all the equipment/clothing employed while at our match. (The same is true of OWB presentation and return to holster, but we recognize that IWB can have a higher risk of complication due to covering garments, additional manipulation required, etc.) IWB presentation and return to holster will be closely observed to confirm safe compliance. All draws/handling/clothing manipulation, etc., must be conducted safely - any unsafe action will result in a DQ (disqualification from the match).

Without passing judgement on holster types, there are some types that are NOT allowed at the TCGC Speed Steel match: SOB (small of back), cross-draw, shoulder holster, ankle holster, pocket holster, purse/bag or off-body carry, etc. are not allowed. Holsters must be strong-side (IWB or OWB), be positioned securely on the belt, and be located between 12:00 and 4:00 (for right hand, or between 8:00 and 12:00 for left hand).

Additional information can be found at orss.org, and questions about the match, rules, etc. can be sent through the "contact us" link on the site.

I hope this info helps.

Best,

ac

spookshack likes this.
  10. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal
    Oregon

Just a side note.....if you shoot a .22, you don't need a holster. You start at low ready rather than drawing from a holster.

spookshack likes this.
  11. snarlingdog

snarlingdog
    Oregon City, OR

Is there a place in the Portland metro area that has good prices on Ruger 22/45 magazines?

12. Meridian7750

Meridian7750
    Portland Area

Don't know about prices, but usually Fishermans Marine has them.

13. spookshack

spookshack
    Forest Grove, OR
    Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer

IMG_1595.PNG

IMG_1596.PNG

Meridian7750 likes this.
  14. snarlingdog

snarlingdog
    Oregon City, OR

Yeah that's the same price as fishermans. I'll have to see what bi Mart is. To bad they weren't on a black Friday sale haha

15. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal
    Oregon

I'd call Oregon Rifle Works in Tigard. I don't know if they have them, but they have a large inventory of different things and their prices are usually reasonable.

16. snarlingdog

snarlingdog
    Oregon City, OR

I went to Nw Armory this morning and they have mark 3 22/45 mags for 23.99. that's the best I have seen it around so for what its worth i thought i would share.

Stangler, NWGlockgal and spookshack like this.