JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"On July 6, all new vehicles sold in Europe – including the UK – will be equipped with a speeder limiter as per new legal requirements to boost road safety.

"The new speed limit assist system "will become mandatory on new cars in 2022 uses a forward-facing camera mounted on the car and the vehicle's satellite navigation system to identify the speed limit and, if the car is exceeding it, to restrict the fuel flowing to the engine until the vehicle is at the limit speed," British automobile magazine Autocar said.

"Autotrader added: "The speed limiter will send haptic, audio, and visual warnings until you start driving within the speed limits."

On the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, the Biden administration has signed a new law requiring automakers to equip new cars beginning in 2026 with government kill switches.

"On July 6, all new vehicles sold in Europe – including the UK – will be equipped with a speeder limiter as per new legal requirements to boost road safety.

"The new speed limit assist system "will become mandatory on new cars in 2022 uses a forward-facing camera mounted on the car and the vehicle's satellite navigation system to identify the speed limit and, if the car is exceeding it, to restrict the fuel flowing to the engine until the vehicle is at the limit speed," British automobile magazine Autocar said.

"Autotrader added: "The speed limiter will send haptic, audio, and visual warnings until you start driving within the speed limits."

On the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, the Biden administration has signed a new law requiring automakers to equip new cars beginning in 2026 with government kill switches.
Do i forsee the luxury roadsters currently owned shooting up in value and the new ones taking a hit?

Do i forsee the luxury roadsters currently owned shooting up in value and the new ones taking a hit?
I don't think the market is going to be happy about government monitored and controlled 'killswitches' in their personal vehicles by any means. On*star and the like are bad enough, but at least there's licensing and user agreements between parties with third party moderation instead of unchecked and unbalanced free reign of private transporation. By 2026 though, the only people that will be able to afford them will 'have nothing to worry about' anyway right?

1984 is here...

19842-01.png

How many people are going to die trying to pass slow moving traffic or trying to escape dangerous situations (mud slides, crazy road ragers, etc)?

I guess we'll find out.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads